The Senior Corporate Counsel, Corporate & Securities will be responsible for a broad array of corporate and securities matters applicable to S&P500 company, including corporate governance, Board matters, SEC filings, securities and debt offerings, and M&A.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation and review of a broad range of securities law filings under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Lead in drafting of the Company’s proxy statement. Ensure compliance with SEC and NASDAQ rules and requirements
- Support and advise Investor Relations and Finance departments on disclosure matters, including review of earnings announcements, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications and other materials.
- Assist in the preparation for board, committee and stockholder meetings, including drafting of materials, coordination of agendas, drafting of minutes and monitoring and ensuring compliance with Board and Committee responsibilities.
- Proactively drive the development and continued progress of the Company's corporate governance policies and processes, including benchmarking on best practices. Actively manage the governance component of the Company’s Environmental Social Governance Program, including the Company's corporate governance ratings.
- Assist with international entity management and governance.
- Support mergers and acquisitions transactions and securities and debt offerings as needed.
- Stay up to date on corporate and securities trends by participating in the broader legal community in these areas, including but not limited to, membership-based organization and industry events.
- Provide additional project support, as needed.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- A JD Degree from an accredited law school, with demonstrated academic success.
- At least 5 years of relevant corporate and securities law experience.
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in state where position is located and authorized to practice as an in-house corporate counsel in other relevant states.
- Proven success in partnering with internal and external stakeholders on a wide array of corporate and securities topics.
- Ability to work autonomously, issue spot and provide incisive, practical and business-focused advice and counsel. Creativity and resourcefulness. Strong problem-solving skills with a pragmatic orientation. Ability to balance strategic and tactical issues.
- Demonstrated leadership talent, with the ability to motivate and interface with employees at all levels by virtue of keen business acumen, excellent judgment, professional competence, emotional intelligence, credibility, flexibility and personal integrity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts and to interact with stakeholders of all levels, including senior management and the Board of Directors
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an ability to inspire trust and confidence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management experience with a proven history of balancing competing priorities and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience in both a corporate law department and a law firm.