The Principal Consultant for SDI engages with clients and internal teams to provide design and engineering activities for Datacenter & Hybrid Cloud projects and solutions. This role is expected to be a thought leader in the areas of technical solutions provided for our customer. The Principal Consultant is also responsible for working with OCTO and Management to align delivery teams on best practices and upskilling engineering resources.
Key areas of responsibility
- Acquires deep technical depth in their role; Is the "Go To" person for the solution, both technically and strategically; is on the forefront of their solution(s) and the implications for CDW offerings.
- Development and delivery of solutions packages in the area of Data Center and Hybrid Cloud Automation
- Training and Mentoring Engineers on NetOps and DevOps training and traditional consulting projects
- Pre-sales consulting, assist with drafting scopes and statements of work
- Meet Training and certification requirements for selected Vendors (Cisco, Hashicorp, GCP, Etc)
- Consulting on leading edge technologies and possess deep technical knowledge for a mixture of the following:
- Public cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Hybrid IT
- Infrastructure Automated Solutions (IaC, API, SDI)
- DevOps (HashiCorp, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet)
- FullStack Automation
- Application Modernization
- Continuous Delivery Tools: Jenkins, Circle_CI, Github Actions, Travis CI
- Internal projects when applicable
- Designs technical solutions not only considering the customer’s infrastructure but also the business limitations and opportunities; operates comfortably beyond standard approaches to satisfy the needs of all the stakeholders.