The Service Support Technician Level 2 is responsible for assisting coworkers in troubleshooting and configuring complex installations. Additionally, this role collaborates with vendors to resolve persistent configuration issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage a support request queue. Coverage areas include (but are not limited to): technical troubleshooting, network access control, & custom label printing
- General troubleshooting
- Assist with complex configurations
- Work with vendors to resolve compatibility issues on customer orders and installations.
- Work with outside technical staff and customers to resolve customized configuration issues and complete customer requests.
- Research new technology and share important information that may impact customer orders
- Assist with building computer systems when needed.
- Assist with custom label printing as needed
- Assist with defining build processes
- Create documentation defining the processes for complex installations
- Proactively share best practices
- Assist management and internal customers with researching new service opportunities
- Complete projects or tasks assigned by management to include acting as team leader.
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Overtime is to be expected and in some cases, may be required.
- Sit and stand in configuration center and walk around to resolve / investigate issues.
- High School diploma or GED
- A+ certification or an equivalent combination of education and experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge.
- Network+ certification or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to troubleshoot computer systems and peripherals, as well as identify hardware incompatibilities on multiple platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of networking hardware, software, and imaging processes demonstrated by the ability to troubleshoot issues in a LAN environment and customize advanced settings inside a Windows operating system.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and external parties
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong foundation in client computing
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of coworkers
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to continually learn new technology and to keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Demonstrate ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds of force rarely (0-12%% of the workday). The personal lifting requirement is allowed only up to 50lbs. The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability to push and pull up to 25 pounds of force rarely (0-12% of the workday).
- Demonstrate ability to perform eight or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- 3rd certification (Security +, Server +, ACSP, or comparable certification)
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Access, Visio, Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Previous experience in computer configuration and repair center environment
- Preferred Qualifications for Internal Applicants only:
- Worked in Configurations Services for a minimum of 12 months or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of CDW’s internal systems including order status inquires and updating order comments