Let’s change the world together
CDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of technology leaders to collaborate with and master complex solutions to business requirements. Hone your learning by partnering with skilled engineers that value your ideas and perspectives. The Program is a meaningful, industry-leading training program for people who have real passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer dedication. Further expand your knowledge, gain hands-on experience with leading-edge technology, while accelerating your career dreams. Upon completion of the program, you will advance into an Engineer Consultant role on CDW’s services team where you will accelerate your career.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in a best-in-class training program while gaining valuable on-the-job skills. As an Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE), you will be actively involved in technical solving opportunities and assigned to meaningful projects that align to your skill set. Learn from top technology professionals as well as pursue certifications that are incorporated into the program.
- ACEs focusing in data lifecycle management partner with our lead engineers to:
- Strategize and plan data lifecycle efforts, including moving the data and converting content as necessary
- Understand at a high level the hybrid data center model and how the components interact
- Identify and quantify risks and potential impacts to various data migration strategies within a customer’s environment
- Coordinate all migration activities with implementation project team(s) to ensure an efficient, effective, and integrated approach to data migration activities.
- Define the data migration plan for each solution, working with legacy system and new system to design and create the mechanism to extract, cleanse, transform, enrich, load and validate all required data for the successful implementation and operation of the new solutions
- Work with the customer’s technology subject matter experts to validate post migration test plans and if necessary, participate in execution of those test plans during the migration period
- Identify, configure, test, and operate migration tools determined necessary for a successful migration
- Work closely with solution architects and technology engineer(s) to define the target data model(s), compliance requirements, protection strategy, backup and recovery, and retention requirements
By joining our team, you will partner with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects to help enable your success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our partners.
- Authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- One of the following
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, or related discipline
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, or related discipline plus 1 year of relevant practical experience
- 3+ years relevant practical experience in IT help desk/NOC/SOC, IT Administration, information systems management or applications development
- 1-year relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications to be in active standing)
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs. of equipment
- Ability to travel up to 10% (can vary by location)
- Ability to work weekends and/or after hours as is typical for data migration type projects
- At least 1+ year or equivalent experience configuring or supporting some or all: enterprise storage solutions, compute solutions, Windows Servers, Active Directory
- Experience in planning, deployment and operational support of advanced technologies and applications
- 1-3 years system administration experience