This role facilitates training and coaching for new coworkers. This position collaborates with the Sales management team to implement a first-class onboarding program that supports CDW’s strategies and business goals. This role is involved in assisting in the design, development, and implementation of training solutions.
The Sales Instructor/Coach is responsible for executing the Sales Academy curriculum.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Train and facilitate sessions for new coworkers.
- Coach new coworkers to develop and refine required skills.
- Ensure successful daily program execution including; classroom/workshop management, maintenance of all necessary training and development records, testing and measurement processes, self-paced learning, e-learning, and partner training.
- Monitor new hire performance, address performance issues, deliver constructive feedback and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the management team to share best practices and support department initiatives.
- Participate on project teams to design and develop participant and instructional materials.
- Identify opportunities for continuous program improvement and establish business case recommendations for changes.
- Continuously develop facilitation, instructional design, and project management skills based on leading edge concepts.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the learning and development field to ensure that CDW continues to take advantage of best practices.
- Train and facilitate sessions for new sellers during Phase I, II and III of the Sales Academy, which may include, but are not limited to:
- How to Sell (sales skills)
- What to Sell (technical solutions)
- Tools to Sell (CDW systems, processes and resources)
- Coaching (one-on-one and group coaching)
- L.A.U.N.C.H (CDW Coworker Onboarding)
- Weekly engagements with Sales management team
- Collaborate with Sales leadership on coaching strategies, individual development plans and review weekly performance metrics and determine next steps
- Managing scheduling and participant records
- Determine and execute approach on Phase III completion with Sales and Sales Capability leadership
- Assess individual needs of participants in programs and work with local sales leadership to develop an individual plan to meet identified needs.
- Up to 20% travel. (For Illinois based positions, must be flexible to work in the Chicago and Lincolnshire offices as business dictates).
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years’ CDW experience as a seller or 3 years’ experience facilitating sales and technical training.
- Demonstrated sales and/or technical ability.
- Strong creative problem solving and solution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to have regular, predictable attendance.
- Ability to operate a computer and other equipment in a way that models to others use of that same software, hardware, or equipment.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and guidelines, as well as understand, remember and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule.
- Ability to coach and mentor.
- Ability to facilitate in-person and/or virtually.
- Demonstrated facilitation experience with a successful track record of increasing participants knowledge, performance and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of the Technology Industry.
- Background in Education or related field.