The Research Support Specialist is responsible for assisting the shipping, stocking, and vendor returns teams with locating and shipping various orders. This role also processes bin movements, assisting the ICAN/Customer Relations liaison, by researching “can’t find” requests, stock verification requests, “flagged for research” requests and research consignment transfer from warehouse.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Process all “flag for research” picks, and flag all “can’t find” requests.
- Handle escalated internal calls/requests from the help desk representative and sales.
- Process requests received via email request.
- Organize and monitor daily workflow to ensure team duties are completed.
- Support quality assurance programs and processes by ensuring compliance with regulatory, internal and customer requirements.
- Help resolve cubing issues.
- Maintain the quality control processes report.
- Communicate quality assurance results with appropriate team members.
- Support all internal quality assurance activities.
- Work with management and coworkers to audit, identify quality problems, and improve operational processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate and streamline processes and ensure open communication.
- Verify Consignment items from warehouse, 07/81(LV) or 01/21(CDC).
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Utilize a pallet-jack to move product or skids.
- QC and ship escalated “can’t find” requests.
- Manage projects and specialty assignments.
- Look for innovations to improve department efficiencies and service.
- Run daily reporting tools to proactively resolve inventory offsets and request required adjustments.
- Perform root cause analysis research and communicate findings to direct supervisor.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in a warehouse environment.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 8 or more hours of sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Strong attention to detail and accurate counting ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and AS400
- Comfort working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.