The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes CDW’s priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW’s progress.
The Salesforce Analytics Analyst will work closely within the Enterprise Data Analytics team and with Sales Analytics, Salesforce Platform and Enterprise Data Services teams. You will be responsible for providing operational and strategic level analytical support using Salesforce analytics solutions to various Business Units at CDW. This coworker will be able to demonstrate excellent judgement, prioritize effectively and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company.
Reporting to the Lead of Advanced Analytics, this coworker will ensure analytics dashboards on salesforce native reporting and Einstein Analytics are designed, implemented appropriately, and the results are compiled into meaningful visualizations and shared with relevant stakeholders, while being responsible for enabling data science and technology best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Understand salesforce-specific data modelling concepts.
- Hands on implementation and support of Einstein Analytics dashboards, apps data integrations, and data set analysis.
- Understand and support a complex salesforce analytics data model, across multiple lines of business.
- Understand how sales and marketing information is interrelated based on the underlying salesforce data model.
- Realize when existing SFDC fields are serving similar purposes, championing the mindset of common as possible and unique as necessary.
- Understand how security & UI impacts information usage and can assess when SFDC fields are of limited to no use to the business.
- Leverage general business experience with knowledge to convert high level business objectives into functional and technical requirements, user stories and specifications.
- Participate in workshops with all the relevant teams including business, technology, compliance and testing organizations to define the business value, KPI trees and contribute to the initiatives.
- Apply and adhere to existing standards for object creation and maintenance.
- Independently review, prepare, design and integrate complex (type, quality, volume) data, correcting problems and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions to issues.
- Determine and recommend data to include in analytical projects.
- Create moderate data visualization techniques to help support data exploration.
- Present data visualizations to help support data exploration.
- Build, test, and implement complex analytic business processes, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Ensure that data quality checks are applied to our UI, middle layer, and backend systems.
- Work with QA to build out robust test data suites across our Salesforce and Einstein environments.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and other cross-functional teams to manage a platform to facilitate data sharing.
- Recognize, analyze, and diagnose business and data issues of advanced complexity.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- 4+ years of experience in Salesforce Einstein, Advanced Analytics, Power BI or MS Dynamics.
- Master’s degree AND
- 2+ years of experience in in Salesforce Einstein, Advanced Analytics, Power BI or MS Dynamics.
- Experience with various technologies to assist in data analysis, including: SalesForce Developer Console, SalesForce Data Loader, Excel, Hadoop, SQL.
- Experience building complex SQL Queries.
- Detail-oriented, persistence through ambiguity, and is comfortable working with both business and Technology partners.
- Hands on experience in building pipelines from variety of sources such as data warehouses and in-memory OLAP models, as well as experience in NoSQL/cloud.
- Strong understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing.
- Advanced Level – Expert at Salesforce and Einstein Analytics.
- Advanced Level – Power BI.
- Advanced Level – SQL querying.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company including Senior Leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Solid business and technical acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and O365.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.