As a member of our ServiceNow Solutions Delivery organization, the Senior Solution Consultant provides technical pre-sales support to the sales force and provides prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions. The Senior Solution Consultant will participate in the acquisition and retention of customers by utilizing world-class technical pre-sales solution consulting techniques to communicate the power, flexibility, and ease-of-use of the ServiceNow platform.
- Assist sales in the qualification of customer needs through discovery
- Participate across the sales lifecycle on acquiring strategic customers
- Demonstrations of ServiceNow, both standard and tailored, to prospects and existing customers, via onsite visits or via web conferencing
- Generation of product demo scripts and scenarios and maintaining demonstration environments
- Scoping, creating, and delivering Rough Orders of Magnitude (ROM) to prospects and existing customers
- Scoping and authoring Statements of Work (SOW) and presenting them to the Statement of Work Review Board (SRB)
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and POC/POV
- Supporting Marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars etc.
- Staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
- In conjunction with Sales and Delivery Services, participate in internal handoff meeting - communicate commitments, expectations, etc. in preparation for project
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert at executive briefings / marketing events
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Delivery and Advisory Services processes as well as the maturing of the different portfolios, capabilities, expertise, and best practices in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- At least 8+ years strong pre-sales experience, particularly with ITSM experience (tool and business process)
- Has led a Pre-Sales team or been in a similar leadership position
- Mastery of the Sales process and trusted advisor for account representative
- Demonstrated technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts
- Demonstrated experience in supporting sales campaigns to commercial and enterprise customers
- ServiceNow Pre-Sales Accreditations in all product lines
- Experience-based understanding of project lifecycle including all aspects of sales, transition to delivery, and delivery execution
- Extensive demonstration experience covering technical and value needs
- Ability to understand good design practices with both process and ServiceNow
- Active listening skills, respecting others' point of view and takes ownership of contributing the required input while demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, and presentational)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Ownership, accountability, and attention to detail in all work efforts
- Maturity, professionalism, and judgment; ability to excel with minimum supervision
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and supports our brand promise and guarantee to always “make it right”
- Ability to articulate previous experiences and outcomes to prospects in a manner that advances the sales lifecycle
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology, and proven experience in technical consulting roles.
- Strongly suggested:
- Hands-on, real-world development and project experience
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Familiarity with organizational change management concepts and approaches
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.