The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes CDW’s priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW’s progress.
The Senior BI Developer will play a key development role in internal and external data science and AI products. The use cases include real time provisioning of insights leveraging unstructured data systems as well as big data systems with complex reporting and business intelligence requirements. This role will help evaluate and improve existing data structures and play a crucial role in creating evolutionary models for current and future products.
This coworker will work with various business and technology stakeholders to lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching analytics strategy and data visualizations. This role will be responsible for designing and building interactive dashboards and ML infused data products. This role defines best practices, set up visualization guidelines, lead and provide technical guidance, and serve as a mentor to other visualization team members.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Define and design enterprise-grade analytics solutions for internal customers.
- Develop and maintain BI infrastructure architectural design and technical configurations.
- Document policies, best practices, standards and procedures (workflows) for reporting systems and services.
- Keep abreast of and learn new analytics technologies in order to provide guidance to the team and the users.
- Serve as a SME on Microsoft BI Stack and collaborate with other reporting teams and SMEs.
- Design and implement data visualization and interactive dashboards, complex reporting, self-service BI, data KPIs, and scorecards, predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive analytics.
- Engage with Technology and Business stakeholders to understand impact of new system development or changes to reporting.
- Integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation.
- Provide meaningful feedback and coaching in the use of Power BI and related technologies.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics or other related fields.
- 6+ years’ experience in a Developer level role in business intelligence.
- Experience in development of implementation projects that utilize big data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies.
- Experience in NoSQL and cloud implementations.
- Strong understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and batch data processing.
- Strong experience building end-to-end data view with focus on integration.
- Ability to effectively present information, interact with and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and vendors.
- Experience developing secure, high performing, reliable, and scalable Power BI solutions using the Microsoft Azure tool suite and related technologies.
- Strong analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical details to the business and management at all levels including Senior Leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Solid business and technical acumen.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft BI stack with advanced knowledge of Power BI.
- Experience in performance tuning of Power BI reports/dashboards, scheduling Reports/Direct query etc.
- Understanding of Azure and its data services.
- Knowledge of dimensional modelling and data warehousing concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and O365.
- Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data retrieved from multiple sources.
- Expert Level -Data Exploration: Alteryx, TalenD, H2O etc.
- Advanced Level – Github, Maven etc.
- Experience working for consumer or business-facing digital brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Engineering, Statistic, Economics, Operation Research, Data Science, Computer Science or related quantitative fields.