The purpose of the Manager, Capture/Business Development - State and Local is to be a business driver with the CDW-G Sales, Strategic Sales and Services teams to develop and execute plans that will result in material revenue and profit growth. This will be achieved by creating and managing strategic relationships with the sales teams, leveraging the organization’s expertise, technologies, or other intellectual property to expand our products, services, and/or market reach.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a team of Business Development leaders that drive long term strategy and execution across the State & Local program-based accounts. Ensure tight alignment with the sales organization, and other internal departments.
- Lead a team of Capture Managers that focus on the long-term pursuit of material contracts & programs that are identified and vetted by the broader leadership team through the Bring It Forward gate review process.
- Work cross functionally with leadership to drive synergies in team selling that ultimately result in accelerated gross sales and gross profit results.
- Inspect and drive accountability to KPIs and business results for Business Development and Capture coworkers on the team.
- Identify, influence, and align key CDW partners (OEM and sub-contracting partners) to deliver results in the program-based accounts and contract/program Capture pursuits.
- Lead a regular briefing around the Program Based accounts with leadership across multiple departments. Identify clear action items and drive execution/accountability with your team and peers.
- Lead a regular cadence for the Bring It Forward decision gate, allowing leadership across multiple departments to determine if we will resource and pursue a strategic, long-term contract or program. Identify clear action items and drive execution/accountability with your team and peers.
- Track the pipeline of opportunities and develop a forecast of wins expected for program-based accounts and Capture. Provide a regular readout to leadership on impact.
- Align internal resources to ensure we are delivering full-stack solutions, where applicable, across the program-based accounts and long-term Capture opportunities.
- Leverage the technical solution strategist & writer to help shape opportunities early on, resulting in increased technical resource utilization and an improved Win.
- Adhere to ethical and fair business practices, following the CDW Way principles
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders
- Participate in annual Performance Review and Talent Review processes
- Travel as needed
- Maintain Expense expectations
- Other special projects upon request
- Success Metrics:
- Material pipeline generation for the program-based accounts and Capture opportunities
- Profit and revenue growth of program-based accounts
- Material contract awards resulting from Capture led opportunities
- 5 years of sales, solution sales, partner development experience or 3 years of sales leadership/management
- Associates Degree
Other Required Qualifications
- Exemplary written and oral communications skills, as well as outstanding platform speaking and presentation ability
- Outstanding organizational skills including strategic planning, goals setting, and execution
- Strong knowledge of CDW’s position and ability to execute solution focused marketing programs effectively preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred