CDW is looking for a Principal UX Researcher to help us define and shape our internal customer experience research practice. As a Principal UX Researcher, you will own the development of research and insights that drive the way the organization understands and designs for customers, helping shape what’s next. This individual needs expertise in qualitative research methods and an understanding of quantitative methods (when to use them, working with teammates on them, etc.) UX Research in this space spans customer-facing digital experiences & corporate applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Scope and lead research for projects with varying levels of complexity to inform design and product strategy
- Gather, synthesize and triangulate data from multiple sources to develop actionable insights
- Disseminate findings to various teams through reports, presentations and other artifacts
- Executing long-term research roadmaps to inform high-level business strategy and goals.
- Defining, inventing, and executing research methods appropriate to the questions and time at hand, from generative to evaluative.
- Successfully navigating challenges including risks, roadblocks, constraints, compliance requirements, technology limitations, and resources.
- Effectively communicating durable insights to partners and decision-makers at all levels of the organization, using writing, presentations, and conversations to build consensus and persuade action aligned to findings.
- Working closely with design, product management, and cross-function teams to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes. Iteratively evaluating these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong, informing and aligning on any trade-offs.
- Collaborating with other researchers to raise the bar for research and align on best practices
- Building durable, broadly scaled insights, points-of-view, and knowledge management tools that are leveraged within the organization.
- Usability moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written)
- Maintain continuous contact with all internal and external stakeholders through the project and after completion making sure features are delivered with high quality and on time.
- Masters’ degree human computer interaction (HCI, design, or a related field).
- 6-8 years’ experience in product and/or UX research
Other Required Qualifications
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Experience with usability testing and evaluative research (both qualitative and quantitative) as well as generative research methodologies, including expertise in digital product development
- Facilitation for decision making and prioritization
- Conversant in complex & emerging technologies
- Understanding of Safe agile design and development practices
- UX-centered systems thinking for complex organizations
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- A portfolio that exhibits successful past product design and development
- Please include a portfolio or work sample in your application. Your portfolio should show examples of end-to-end research work you’ve conducted. Please ensure it includes not just final solutions, but also the story of how you arrived at those design solutions.
- Master’s degree in HCI, design, or a related field
- Experience as a researcher in ecommerce
- Experience in both agencies and client-side
- Mobile and Responsive Design experience
- Proficient experience with eCommerce websites