The Senior Manager of Financial Systems is part of the Financial Systems team, which manages and supports complex processes and solutions in partnership with Finance and Technology. The Senior Manager of Financial Systems will lead, and support efforts aligned to the modernization and optimization of the Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) platform and will partner with Finance and Technology to support and advance operational, analytical, and digital processes and tools in alignment with strategic objectives. This individual applies analytical and problem-solving skills to help drive the translation of business capabilities and requirements into specific business, application, information, and technology solutions in order to deliver value to the business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborates with leaders across finance and the organization to drive the future state roadmap for transformative finance and EPM related initiatives aligned with overall strategic and financial objectives into action.
- Lead team responsible for daily administration and management of Oracle Hyperion tools including Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management or Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDM or FDMEE), Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM), Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio (HFR), and SmartView.
- The role provides support, guidance, and technical expertise to stakeholders on system requirements and issues.
- Manages EPM projects and milestones by identifying, prioritizing, and implementing critical complex EPM initiatives, while working in close coordination and alignment with the Technology team.
- Develop and enhance governance of Hyperion ecosystem to provide oversight, guidance, escalation, consistency, and issue resolution.
- Leads, supports, and develops an agile and capable Financial Systems team to successfully deliver on defined objectives in alignment with roadmap and vision.
- Works directly with key stakeholders and business partners to drive improvements in core financial processes such as close/consolidations; planning, budgeting and forecasting; and management reporting.
- Creates connections between key initiatives and business strategies using methods and approaches such as capability assessment, business/financial analysis, process management and re-design, organizational assessment and stakeholder management.
- Support acquisition integration efforts by assisting with repeatable processes for efficient and timely integration of financial data.
- Provide guidance on the why and what to ensure program objectives are achieved and stakeholders are aligned.
- Cultivates a continuous improvement mindset across the financial systems team to drive change, improve access to critical information and enhance decision support capabilities across finance.
- Ensures project success by accurately assessing and establishing scope, resources, schedule, and risk mitigation plans.
- Provides thought leadership to financial system program objectives.
- Advises and supports the finance leadership team on technical, process improvement, and organizational design initiatives
- Leads and builds an Agile development cycle to define Epics and User stories and participate in the team planning and review events.
- Provides leadership to individuals on team(s) through onboarding, training, coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
- 7 years of finance experience
- 3-5 years of Hyperion administration experience
- 3 years management experience
- Hyperion administration experience required with expertise in Essbase, Data Relationship Management (DRM), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM), Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR), Financial Data Management (FDMEE) and Excel Smart View Add-in.
- Expertise in Essbase Calc scripts and data load rules
- Experience with Financial planning and Financial reporting procedures
- Ability to think strategically to develop forward thinking and growth-oriented business solutions
- Experience with the design and implementation of technology/tools which enable financial processes
- Experience leading, managing and supporting colleagues/teams in the delivery and support of financial processes and systems
- Change management and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to drive programs independently
- Prior knowledge of and experience with financial and strategic planning processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills capable of interfacing effectively with executive management and key stakeholders; must possess team orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizations successfully
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk and governance for multi-work stream programs
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent
- Experience migrating Hyperion to Oracle EPM Cloud