Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas. https://federal-careers.cdwjobs.com/
The Analyst role leads business and functional requirements gathering activities, business solution design and systems analysis. This role also designs, documents, measures and optimizes key business processes. The Analyst is guided by project management methodology in development of requirement specifications for organizational projects. Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements and define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies. Assess IT Organization to identify existing processes, procedures, and re-categorized them into ITIL/ITSM terms. Provide ITIL best practice service management consulting at a strategic, design, and operational level for IT organization. Gather the required inputs on people, practices and processes, organization structure, ITIL tools in-use, as-is process, details on current vendors. Provide ITIL/ITSM training and mentoring to all staff resources as identified. Provide professional guidance to the Process Owners and overall IT strategic initiatives. Leverage presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and facilitation skills with good documentation and process flow diagramming skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify project requirements and business objectives and acquire commitments.
- Decompose business problems quickly and work with the project team to determine the root cause and provide solution alternatives.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and work with the stakeholder and technical team toward resolution to achieve the objectives.
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering utilizing focus sessions, one-on-one interviews, and job shadowing.
- Utilize advanced modeling techniques to develop high-level system narratives, presentations, storyboards, use cases and user interface prototypes.
- Serve as a conduit/broker for cross-functional collaboration & knowledge sharing.
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis to help justify the investment necessary to deliver a solution.
- Build credibility and trust across stakeholder groups.
- Gather and prepare supporting analysis and design documentation from a business perspective.
- Assist with alignment of project objectives and solutions to organizational business strategies and objectives.
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and subject-matter experts across the organization.
- Act as an active contributor to process improvement by remaining current in software engineering best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or an IT related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years experience leveraging ITSM tools to identify and document business needs and specifications utilizing business analysis and system design techniques.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in an analytical position
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Security Clearance.
- ITIL Foundation
- Demonstrated work experience in process definition including facilitation, process documentation, change control, and process improvement.
- Successful track record of facilitating and leading meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Experience in evaluating information, identifying risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proven elicitation and facilitation skills of project and system requirements.
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills, with the ability to enable win-win resolutions.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills.