Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas. https://federal-careers.cdwjobs.com/
The Senior Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Developers.
· Developer is responsible for internal application development and Level 3 Production Support.
- Fulfill Enterprise Service Desk and BMC Incident requests, and work with the customer to help implement solutions.
- Implement/Upgrade/Develop/Administer ITSM Remedy Version 8.1 or greater
- Using BMC Remedy Developer Studio to customize forms, fields, overlay, workflows and related system components in accordance with project requirements
- Experienced in Designing Service Catalogue/Services using SRM processes (AOT/PDT/SRD)
- Hands on Designing Server Group, Failover, operation Ranking at architecture level
- Perform application upgrades, including installing up to date patches and service packs to maintain the system to supported versions
- Monitor operations and system performance of the ITSM Remedy Application suite
- Work with network, server, and database support groups to troubleshoot and define performance based on industry standard and vendor best practice
- Extract and import foundational data as needed in support of ITSM application modules e.g.
- Incident, Change, Problem, SRM, RKM etc.
- Must be able to develop and implement roll-back and backup plans
- Provide ITSM product support to users using the Remedy Application Suite
- Maintain all environments: DEV, TEST and Production running efficiently
- Follow formal code development, migration and Change Management processes
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 7 years in application development, or 5 years CDW Application Development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 3+ years Development BMC ITSM Remedy Software modules (e.g., Incident, Problem, Change, Asset, SRM, BMC MyIT, RKM, SLM) in version 8.1 or greater
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, HTML, Web Services, Microsoft IIS. Apache Tomcat, Oracle/SQL JAVA, HTML, XML, ARS
- Expertise in the appropriate technical language as aligned under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-solving skills.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.