The Manager, Technology Vendor Management Office leads the centralized vendor mgmt. function for the Technology group at CDW and be responsible for delivering on the vendor management goals as part of CDW’s holistic workforce strategy. The position works with business partners like Legal, Coworker Services, FP&A, 3rd Party Risk Mgmt., and Security teams on strategy, design and execution of processes. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring stakeholder needs are met through consistent and efficient processes, as well as engaging with external vendors to maximize CDW value.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure streamlined execution of all day to day operations of VMO related activities to drive speed and reduce administrative burden.
- Lead the VMO team, provide leadership, input, and feedback into team initiatives and forums to delivery improved internal customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Business Partners, Product and Non-Product Centric Teams, and Vendor Ecosystem to design and deliver technology sourcing strategy.
- Coordinate with technology teams and partner functions to structure relationships, manage those relationships, and drive accountability with vendors.
- Collaborate with executives to align vendor mgmt. strategy to improve mix of outcome-based versus managed services sourcing model.
- Oversee and be accountable for the service delivery and vendor performance.
- Manage vendor mgmt. platform and all related tools, systems, processes, policies and models to reduce operationals risk with procurement services and contract management.
- Assess vendor expertise to bring in innovation in technology / delivery models and ensure value added relationships with vendors.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of vendor management, procurement, supply chain, contract management, or project/program experience.
- Prior experience coaching or mentoring others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong people mgmt. skills (managing, motivating & developing others).
- Able to read financials, analyze metrics, and translate into insights.
- Strong category and general procurement background.
- Ability to review and negotiate contracts.