Manager Business Development, esports for Education
The world of esports is growing fast. CDW’s Manager, esports for Education will be responsible for effectively communicating the benefits, challenges and impact esports can have on individual students, and educational institutions to the sales teams and the customer base they support. The role blends connecting leading OEM solutions through the vendor agnostic lens of an educator, with a pulse for emerging esports technologies. This role will collaborate with the partner education teams and CDW’s Education Management to drive initiatives and will be responsible for delivering ongoing training and support to their teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Meet with customers on daily conference calls with Account Managers and Field Executives to help define their esports initiatives
- Provide oversight, recommendations, and solutions for customer proposals and RFP’s based on a comprehensive understanding of each schools’ unique needs and project requirements
- Deepen relationships with and leverage CDW’s internal and partner resources
- Design sustainable, profitable, and competitive solutions
- Assist and execute strategic plans
- Create training activities
- Align internal resources to optimize our esports strategy
- Research emerging trends to ensure CDW’s continued role as the industry’s leading IT solutions provider
- Create feedback systems to gather input from school leaders and other educators, ensuring that this information is being used to drive solution updates and improvements.
- Be part of CDW’s public image as the most complete technology solutions provider in the K-12 and Higher Education market, attending and presenting at conferences and customer events
- Collaborate with Education Sales management, Strategic Programs & other internal departments
- Share the impact of your customer engagement with leadership, demonstrating how additional value is delivered to advance the customer’s mission
- Propose new ideas backed by data and insight to management to deliver a better customer experience and improve business results
- Create deep partnerships with sellers through your expertise
- Mentor CDW’s sellers on best practices & messaging to their customers
- Provide training and subject matter expertise
- Responsible for answering presales and post sales technical questions
- Responsible for reviewing quotes and orders
- Help CDW capture market share by working with education institutions to grow business nationally
- Research customer's educational initiatives to deepen customer relationships
- Position CDW’s solutions as a strategic advantage to our customers long-term needs
- Establishing, growing and maintaining partnerships with education institutions, and other alliances including key executives and decision makers within each customer
- Position the team for future growth by developing strong business cases aligned to market opportunity. Potential to grow the team and expand reach outside of Education.
- Maintain CDW’s values and Philosophies of Success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years experience in Education IT, Education Sales, and/or Marketing
- Responsibility for monthly & quarterly sales targets, if applicable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Basic computer skills (e.g., use of mouse, keyboard, e-mail)
- Experience selling esports solutions or deploying an esports program within Education.
- Established relationships and 4+ years experience selling in the K12 and/or Higher Education community
- Established track record of successful quote driven sales attainment
- Outstanding phone, platform speaking and presentation ability
- Familiarity in directing and maintaining enterprise-level sales proposals and contracts
- Strong working knowledge of the Education market with a focus on esports
- Strong knowledge of CDW’s position and ability to execute solution focused marketing programs effectively
- Familiarity with pipeline management, and forecast delivery tools