This position resides within the Procurement department.
This role is responsible for creating a baseline plan and collaborating with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Operations to develop a consensus demand plan at both detail and aggregated level. The Demand Planner also supports continuous improvement initiatives focused on streamlining planning processes and reducing non-value-add activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Build and maintain successful relationships across departments and with our partners, to drive efficiencies and better serve our customers.
- Identify and develop strategic initiatives that will improve inventory planning and forecasting processes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining statistical forecast models within assigned category(s), incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from Sales and Partner Programs.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results as well as measure the impact of forecast accuracy.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Align with Product Management on product promotions, emerging technologies, partner management and category performance goals.
- Partner with other functional areas to ensure the demand consensus processes are agreed upon with workable volume forecasts (mid and long term); ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed, and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives.
- Publish monthly demand plan to supply planning.
- Collaborate with supply planning to resolve supply gaps.
- Work closely with the Supply Planner to provide input in developing strategies on current product, new product, and discontinued product.
- Develop practices to effectively manage and monitor key supply chain metrics such as inventory turns, inventory aging, customer backorder and strategic pricing offers.
- Negotiate strategic buys to create an inventory advantage, drive VIR goals, and increase profitability.
- Develop strategic long-term team initiatives and efficiency improvements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and decision-making skills to effectively manage risk.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology or Supply Chain related field and 3 years of Supply Chain Experience.
- OR 7 years of Purchasing/Supply Chain Management experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and present to all stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated price negotiation and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking and resourcefulness to solve problems with supply chain and inventory management.
- Strong understanding of supply chain and demand planning process and associated leading practices.
- Strong analytical skills to recognize and interpret both history and forecasts.
- Advanced Excel capability, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP and formulas.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- 2 years of experience with Access and SQL.
- 1 year of experience with Power BI or similar tool.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management in highly transactional and volatile markets.
- 2 years of experience with demand planning / forecasting applications (preferably as a user; JDA Demand & Fulfill a plus).
- JDA/Blue Yonder experience.