The Application Architect will develop application architecture specifications, application partitioning, object and data modeling, database design, quality assurance, and post implementation support, by developing and serving as an evangelist for Application Development best practices. This role will be guided by CDW’s Enterprise Architecture function and will continue to improve CDW overall application technology.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop CDW technical coding and documentation standards.
- Manage technically complex projects efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications
- Employ object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and database schema design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met.
- Development of the application architecture framework. This implies mastery of the entire architecture.
- Plan and design complex product deliverables with high-level system narratives, system partitioning, framework design, whiteboarding sessions, storyboards, and user interface prototypes to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Develop new architectures for applications based on new or emerging technologies.
- Monitor technical progress of project teams and provide mentoring where appropriate.
Education and/or Experience Qualification
- 12 years in application development, or 10 years CDW Application Development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- Experience in leading software development teams and managing implementation projects that utilize client / server and browser/server technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of SOA and object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Experience in creating applications using technologies such as .Net, C#, ASP.NET, XML, SQL Server, NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Angular, WPF, MVC, MVVM, RESTful Web Services, WinForms, APIs, and TFS.
- Working knowledge of all stages of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with other IT teams as well as customers. Ability to effectively present information, interact with, and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers, and vendors.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- MS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.