The Application Architect will develop application architecture specifications, application partitioning, object and data modeling, database design, quality assurance, and post implementation support, by developing and serving as an evangelist for Application Development best practices. This role will be guided by CDW’s Enterprise Architecture function and will continue to improve CDW overall application technology.
The Front End Architect role is specifically focused on the web platform (eCommerce) and responsible for architecting web solutions at scale. This role requires strong relationships with product and design leadership to build best-in-class web experiences for our customer.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop CDW technical coding and documentation standards.
- Manage technically complex projects efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Employ object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and database schema design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met.
- Development of the application architecture framework. This implies mastery of the entire architecture.
- Plan and design complex product deliverables with high-level system narratives, system partitioning, framework design, whiteboarding sessions, storyboards, and user interface prototypes to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Develop new architectures for applications based on new or emerging technologies.
- Monitor technical progress of project teams and provide mentoring where appropriate.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors such as SASS or LESS.
- Experience with jQuery.
- Experience with modern front end build processess and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience creating, using and distributing NPM packages for code reuse.
- Experience building reusable web components.
- Experience partnering with UX and Product to build creative technical solutions.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 12 years in application development, or 10 years CDW Application Development experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with, and support the needs of, project team members and the customer support.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with other IT teams as well as customers. Ability to effectively present information, interact with, and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers, and vendors
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
- Possess expert level knowledge of product lifecycle.
- Skilled in designing n-tier applications and, experience in UML notation or other standard frameworks.
- Demonstrate mastery in leading software development projects and managing implementation projects that using industry best practices.
- Possess expert level knowledge of object-oriented design, and programming techniques.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Prior strong planning and organizational skills.
- MS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience building design system for standardization across a web platform.
- Experience in eCommerce and customer facing web application architecture.