CDW seeks a thoughtful, innovative, and energetic Digital Taxonomist to join the Digital Merchandising team. This role will work across our massive product catalog to develop the right catalog approach to ensure our products are more findable by our millions of customer and seller users. This role will work collaboratively with our Digital Merchandising teams, our Product and Partner Management group, our Data Services and our Technology team to design and implement the appropriate taxological methods for our product catalog. This role will have meaningful impact to customer and seller experience, as well as revenue, and will be a critical driver of our omnichannel digital experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead Cataloging strategy and vision across all products and services sold at CDW, including architecting a deliverable vision.
- Collaborate with Product and Partner management to understand the needs of our partner community, establish best practices around structure and implementation of the taxonomy both internally and on the web that balance outcomes for the customer.
- Review internal processes and systems to identify the best ways to organize content and identify content gaps.
- Work closely with Product Management and UX Design to ensure the taxonomy delivers the right experience and outcomes to our users
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to analyze and evaluate the taxonomy across our stakeholders, customers, and coworkers; methods will include usability testing, quantitative data analysis, interviews, surveys, etc
- Develop processes around creating and maintaining product families across dozens of product categories and services.
- Collaborate with CDW Technology Team to leverage our existing tool set and provide insights and recommendations for improvements and enhancements.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in how product taxonomies can be leveraged for improved customer experiences through search and recommendations.
- Establish strong working relationships across CDW’s partners, Product & Partner Management, and Marketing teams to develop and implement successful campaigns leveraging our product and service taxonomy.
Minimum Education and Experience
- At least 5 years' experience developing and implementing controlled vocabularies (e.g. taxonomies and/or ontologies) and metadata models, preferably in knowledge management.
- Experience in data modeling or related analytical skills and be able to interact with data modeling professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years’ experience developing and implementing controlled vocabularies (e.g. taxonomies and/or ontologies) and metadata models, preferably in knowledge management.
- Experience working with product information management (PIM) systems such as Informatica P360, Salsify, or other PIM systems
- Knowledge of optimizing onsite search keywords, in tools such as Fusion or Endeca, to optimize onsite search
- Experience with creating and analyzing reports using website analytic tools such as Adobe Analytics, Tableau, PowerBI, or similar
- Strong collaboration skills, with a history of building solid relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting deadlines, balancing priorities and using creative problem-solving skills.
- Master of Library Science