The CDW Corporate Strategy Group will develop and drive targeted short- and long-term strategic plans and projects
to optimize CDW’s market position and maximize value extraction across technologies, partners, segments, and
competitors. The Manager Strategy drives strategic projects that accelerate business decision making, revenue
growth, and profitability. The coworker researches, analyzes and recommends courses of action that directly
contribute to project outcomes. The Manager Strategy analyzes industry trends, competitive threats, expansion
opportunities and internal performance and develops data-driven insights for delivery to an executive/Board level
audience. The Manager Strategy works collaboratively across various CDW organizations to help secure commitment
for cross-company efforts.
The Manager of Innovation Strategy will support strategic initiatives and corporate business development activities for
CDW. This position supports the creation and execution of strategies to move the company forward to the next level
of market leadership. This role will require strong research capabilities, analytical firepower, and an innovative and
nimble mindset to help develop impactful, data-driven growth initiatives to propel the company forward. This role will
work directly with leaders and subject matter experts across the organization to identify and shape nascent growth
ideas into scalable market innovations. This role reports to the Director of Corporate Strategy - Innovation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Utilize rigorous analytical approach to develop and implement department-specific and cross-company
• Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and alternatives to drive growth in sales, profitability, and
• Research and prioritize new offerings, new lines of business and opportunities to enhance existing lines of
• Track the success of strategy implementation through regular reporting (e.g., scorecard).
• Conduct assessment of technology, customer and IT ecosystem trends to identify and prioritize strengths,
weaknesses, and opportunities.
• Assist Executive Leadership in developing alternatives (financial and business) and recommendations to
drive growth in sales, profitability, and productivity.
• Assist in the development of deliverables for annual board or director summit meetings, quarterly.
• Collaborate to develop and deliver presentations and reports to communicate insights and strategies to all
levels of management.
• Manage the development and execution of new growth opportunities to accelerate CDW business
• Identify potential organic growth opportunities, including in attractive new markets or market adjacencies and
new solutions or service offers.
• Conduct primary and secondary research, develop robust market and financial models, and articulate key
insights in clear and compelling slideware and write-ups.
• Keep abreast of new technologies, market dynamics, and customer trends and understand the implications to
company business and strategy.
• Assist in the buildout of an innovation platform to enable and sustain ongoing innovation, including structures
and programs to nurture an Agile mindset throughout the organization.
• Support the development of an innovation partner ecosystem and strengthen relationships with strategic
• Lead cross-team initiatives to define and combine specific technology products and services into compelling
market solutions which can be scaled across the customer base.
• Act as an innovation advisor to support growth initiatives led by other parts of the business and provide
strategic market advice and insight.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5 years of experience in Strategy, Finance, Consulting, Sales and/or Marketing or MBA, MA, or PHD
with 2 years of managerial consulting experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to influence business decisions at all
levels of the organization.
• Proven experience leading cross functional teams to documented results.
• History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to quickly adapt to the changing needs of
the business and meet deadlines.
• Track record in overseeing and executing projects.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated problem solving ability, including strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to turn
findings into executable business plans.
• Robust analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
• Strong growth mindset, with insatiable curiosity and a relentless drive to learn and improve.
• Graduate degree in an analytical field of study (e.g., MS, MBA, Ph.D.).
• Experience working in the Technology industry.
• Prior experience working or conducting research in emerging or fast-growing technology domains, such as
AI/ML, IoT, robotics, AR/VR, cybersecurity, quantum computing, and distributed ledger.
• Prior experience in Management Consulting, Strategy and Corporate Development, Venture Capital, or