The Director Software Engineering Data provides business and technical leadership to deliver and optimize the value, cost, and risk of CDW’s data and analytics platforms to enable CDW’s business results. The Director drives business results with the understanding of strategic business objectives and ability to communicate effectively with technical teams, stakeholders, and senior management. The Director will work closely with product management, data science, and analyst teams to support them by building a modern data and analytics platform to enable the advanced analytics and business intelligence insights.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Owns and manages CDW’s data management and analytics platforms.
- Oversees all aspects of dataset design, creation, and curation; including the frameworks to derive metrics to deliver data products for KPI’s, visualization, data science, analyst and stakeholder teams.
- Drives data innovation for all internal use cases, pushing the envelope on scalability and technology ensembles to leverage best of breed (internal, open source, and external vendor technology).
- Develops productive relationships across the organization to ensure data platforms operations and support are meeting expected levels of service, quality, and performance.
- Partners, manages, and negotiates with product and platform teams on product definition, product roadmaps, technical design, and overall outcomes.
- Interprets, communicates, and leads teams to execute on strategic vision.
- Builds a talent pool that allows for bench strength and succession planning.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or business.
- 15 years of experience in data engineering or related technology roles.
- 8 years of progressive IT leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience delivering large complex programs through implementation with significant change impact across organizational boundaries.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, empowering and motivating teams (specifically data engineering teams) through mentoring and coaching to develop them professionally and grow the business.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport cross-functionally and maintain productive working relationships. History of negotiating with stakeholders and influencing the decision-making process.
- Working experience in the product management and product lifecycle and strong understanding of various software development methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders, including executive leadership. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Solid business and technical acumen; including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex business reports and documentation, periodicals, professional journals, and technical documentation and manuals.
- Prior professional services and consulting experience.
- Experience leading in Agile environment.