The Director, ITS Capability, is responsible for the development of strategies, tools and process to maximize productivity of Integrated Solutions and Services (ITS) coworkers. This includes the coaching and development of the Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) program participants and staff. This role is also responsible for developing solutions to build technical skills and expertise in the sales force.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and direct a staff of Managers, ITS Capabilities Advisors and Associate Consulting Engineers.
- Lead and direct the orientation, on-boarding, and ongoing development experiences for new coworkers
- Lead a team to execute the ongoing facilitation, design, development, maintenance and measurement of instructional materials and performance improvement solutions.
- Accelerate time-to-productivity for new coworkers with specific responsibility for Associate Consulting Engineers via the ACE Program
- Identify, design, and implement solutions to elevate technical knowledge across the inside Account Manager and field Account Executive populations.
- Lead a team to manage the learning management platform and learning tools to promote formal and informal learning opportunities.
- Partner with business sponsors on CDW’s strategic initiatives to accelerate growth.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and deliver solutions that align with business goals.
- Deliver cutting edge solutions to advance coworker capability.
- Drive the testing and measurement strategies to ensure consistent quality and business impact.
- Prioritize key strategies and learning interventions
- Maximize operational efficiencies, maintain program budgets and report ongoing variances.
- Drive process improvements to increase productivity and efficiencies.
- Effectively measure and assess participants’ skills and the degree of stakeholder satisfaction with provided services and resources. Establish strategies for addressing gaps.
- Lead the team to develop, manage and execute program and project management plans that meet business requirements
- Ensure an ongoing process exists which continuously enhances the knowledge and capability of new Integrated Solutions and Services coworkers.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments, recommending and implementing programs to support key skill areas.
- Travel as needed.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years’ experience in Sales, Integrated Solutions & Services, or Learning and Development
- 7 years of progressive Management experience
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into learning and development plans
- Working experience in driving change through disciplined goal setting and measurement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships cross-functionally and with external stakeholders.
- Strong program and project management skills
- Knowledge of performance improvement strategy and adult learning theories.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize and report both quantitative and narrative data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior and executive leadership.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to direct coworkers and managers to develop a cohesive team.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field or MBA
- Experience in performance management theory, design and practice