The Receiving Team Leader is responsible for supporting the Receiving Supervisor in overseeing the receiving operations by unloading trucks, quality control of inbound shipments, and supporting coworkers as needed. This position serves as a team leader and subject matter expert for others team members.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee workflow process to ensure product is quality controlled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support coworkers with day to day operations and/or escalate concerns to a supervisor for assistance.
- Communicate daily work status with management based on work areas.
- Unload trucks manually, with a pallet jack or forklift (certification required).
- Sort and receive product which includes sorting by PO, mail, returns and supplies.
- Accurately count of products and comparing to vendor packing slips.
- Accurately sign off for freight coming in from different carriers.
- Monitor quality control processing using RF scanners/IDS system for all inbound merchandise, including labeling, packaging of various items.
- Cube items properly and bundle items together when there are multiple pieces to an item.
- Clearly communicate effectively with all stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to assess conflict and handle situations appropriately.
- Support in training new coworkers on departmental processes.
- Communicate with supervisor or data entry to resolve discrepancy POs.
- Support stocking and other departments with restocking products to the specific areas or locations.
- Ensure housekeeping responsibilities such as placing corrugated boxes, plastic and paper in the proper recycle containers and keeping the area clean at all times.
- Rotate throughout the Receiving Department by performing various receiving functions, and can potentially be asked to rotate to other job functions in the warehouse including cross-department functions, for training and operational purposes.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or 6 months of warehouse experience
Other Required Qualifications
- General knowledge of AS400 and Microsoft based program.
- Strong attention to detail and accurate counting.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving organizational skills.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to perform 8 or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to 40 lbs. frequently. Team lifting is encouraged for items weighing over 50 lbs.
- Ability to adapt to working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, and noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- Ability of balancing multiple responsibilities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to perform 6 or more hours of operating a forklift as a forklift driver.
- Forklift certification
- 1 year of warehouse or receiving experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications