Are you a soon to be or recent graduate eager to start or grow your Finance career with a Fortune 200 industry leader? CDW's Finance Rotational Program is a 3-year structured program that provides a comprehensive set of experiences and exposure designed to create future finance leaders by developing a strong foundation in business acumen, technical skills, and knowledge about CDW.
Your focus and responsibilities will vary by rotation but will encompass the following: financial analysis, financial accounting, financial reporting, financial planning, business processes, and potential ad-hoc projects. At the end of the program, analysts will move into a permanent role within the finance organization.
Our program is broken down as follows:
• Five rotations that span 6-9 months in length across various Finance departments
• Rotations typically include accounting, reporting, planning and analysis. Exact rotations are based on both department need, and a coworker's development needs
• Each rotation will include involvement in a process optimization initiative, new business/product implementation, or other projects as assigned
• Departments vary by location therefore, you must be flexible to work in our 3 Illinois offices - Chicago, Lincolnshire and Vernon Hills
What you’ll do:
Rotation responsibilities will vary depending on the Finance department. However, each rotation will develop your professional network, business acumen, technical skills, and personal leadership style through a variety of ways. As you progress to the next rotation, you will enhance your skills and knowledge and continually acquire new and more complex proficiencies. Rotation responsibilities may include:
• Accounting: Perform month-end close and related internal controls and analysis, and implement business process improvements. Accounting responsibilities may further vary depending on the accounting department (e.g. corporate accounting, revenue accounting, operational accounting, tax accounting etc.).
• Financial planning and analysis: Analyze and present financial performance for the different business functions, build financial models to support leaderships’ financial decision making, and develop annual plans for the different business units.
• Reporting and analysis: Prepare both internal and external reporting packages through cross collaboration with various other departments to consolidate and review CDW’s financial results. Responsibilities will also include supporting Investor Relations to enable factual representation of CDW to the external community. Depending on the department, rotation opportunities may also include preparing the Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
• Treasury: Support cash management, foreign exchange management, risk management, and capital and debt structure management and prepare daily, monthly, and quarterly analyses and reporting.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (accounting hours preferred for Finance and Economics degrees)
• Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Consistent track record of achievement, collaboration, initiative and integrity
• Ability to work independently on specific tasks assigned and present conclusions/recommendations to management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with proven experience in Excel
• Flexibility to work remotely as well as in office in each of our Illinois locations - Chicago, Lincolnshire and Vernon Hills
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins.
• Multiple rotations which allow you to understand the business, learn a variety of different skills and help you decipher what department fits you best
• Community engagement: opportunities to give back to the community through various organizations including Junior Achievement, Big Brothers Big Sisters, American Cancer Society, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and more
• Comprehensive benefits package: healthcare, dental, vision, paid vacation time and 401k match
• Tuition reimbursement: available to those furthering their education
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies, from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers.
CDW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All applicants who are qualified will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [email protected]