The Shipping Team Lead coordinates with Shipping, Stocking and Configurations in the completion of merging picks, totes and product that require special configuration installations.
The Shipping Team Lead is responsible for picking, packing and/or processing pick/pack items, speed picks, single item orders, chip cage items and picking and/or processing ready-ship items as well as picking, and/or processing orders for the Configuration and Enterprise areas. This position is also responsible for loading the outbound trailers using a brick-method of stacking and LTL items. This position serves as a team leader and subject matter expert for other team members.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Stage partial orders including but not limited to totes, laptops, desktops and servers.
- Scan license plates, EDC’s and serial numbers accurately.
- Communicate issues concerning orders to the area team leader or supervisor.
- Track individual units scanned.
- Manage daily workflow to ensure orders are staged in a timely manner.
- Monitor workflow process to ensure orders and assigned tasks are completed correctly.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Pick and process pick/pack, speed picks and ready ship product using a hanging QC station or portable RF scanner, including placing non-conveyorable product in designated areas for pick up.
- Maintain conveyor flow by keeping the conveyors and sensors clear.
- Pack boxes using bubbles or other packing material to ensure a secure shipment.
- Place non-conveyorable product in designated areas for pick-up.
- Inspect boxes and product for visible damage before shipment, including ensuring proper size and fit and correct if necessary, including inspecting fragile items for proper over-packing with bubble bags.
- Manually load trailers in freight area while correctly verifying and matching shipping labels to carrier trucks.
- Notify management of problem boxes or situations to ensure a swift resolution.
- Ensure utilization of transport totes for smaller boxes.
- Quality control check boxes from weight variance and troubleshooting lanes.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to 40 lbs. frequently with or without assistance. Team lifting is encouraged for items weighing over 50 lbs
- Perform 8+ hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Utilize a pallet-jack to move product or skids for picking or processing.
- Maintain supplies for the area, including but not limited to: filling the bubble machine media and making or requesting additional boxes.
- Rotate throughout the Shipping Department performing various shipping functions, and may be asked to rotate to other job functions in the warehouse, including cross-department functions, for training and operational purposes.
- Housekeeping – placing garbage, boxes, popcorn, bubble wrap in the dumpsters and keeping the area clean at all times.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months previous warehouse experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 8 or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail and accurate counting ability.
- Excellent organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Comfort working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, along with adapting to noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- Forklift certification.
- Previous warehouse experience