The IT Service Manager will provide thought leadership and change leadership for CDW’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) culture and IT service management model. The IT Service Manager will take overall accountability for incident, problem and change management processes within CDW. They will combine tooling, process and ITIL best practice to solve for operational problems. This role prioritizes systems/applications reliability work using service level objectives (SLO’s) to measure the performance of supported applications, cloud, systems, or services based on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure service levels provided to customers. The IT Service Manager will drive continual improvement across all areas of ITSM and serve to advocate and educate on ITSM processes across the enterprise.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Accountable for the delivery of effective change management by consistent application of the change management process and the correct integration of tools, platforms, applications and resources.
- Accountable for the delivery of effective incident and problem management including RCA or post-mortem activities.
- Stay abreast and incorporate latest strategic trends in ITSM space.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
- Apply an IT change management process to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required for program or initiative with total transparency of process and tools.
- Ensure that applications/platforms in the value stream are operationally ready for production, this includes annual review of all SOPs/knowledge articles.
- Lead, motivate and develop team members to keep their skills relevant and to take advantage of newer technologies.
- Improve reliability, availability and performance of cloud and on-premise systems with efficient processes and tools.
- Develop and provide Change, Incident and Problem Management metrics and reports.
- Partner with Application Development to ensure that assigned applications/platforms have appropriate monitoring and metrics governance in place to measure performance and stability.
- Optimize the Change Management process to drive down change failure rates and increase velocity.
- Escalate risks and issues to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Optimize the incident and problem management process to drive reduction in MTTR and incident recurrence.
- Review and improve the Incident, Problem and Change process, as required.
- Participate in the auditing process, as required.
- Manage a team of on-call incident managers to ensure timely resolution of all customer impacting issues.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business Management or a related discipline.
- 6 of direct experience in change, incident and problem management methodologies and processes.
- 6 years of direct experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow a plus).
- 6 years of direct experience with CMDB tools (ServiceNow a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Experience and knowledge of incident management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Experience using configuration and change tools to include such as ServiceNow Change and CMDB and or related tools.
- Experience with planning, procurement, and lifecycle management of enterprise IT equipment, software, and hardware.
- Knowledge of configuration management practices.
- Knowledge and experience with formal delivery methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and Hybrid).
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification.
- Certification in Project Management.
- Experience implementing continuous process improvements within a configuration, change, release, or asset management program.