The Vendor Returns team focuses on increasing CDW profitability through optimization of the returns practice and maintains vendor relations with our partners related to returns. The Vendor Returns Specialist is responsible for processing product return authorization paperwork in order to have the product returned to our suppliers in a timely manner.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Partner with vendors to manage returns for all returned product, including defective, open box, damaged and stocked products.
- Other Responsibilities
- View daily dashboards and run system reports to monitor inventory levels of product being held by CDW.
- Provide regular updates for pending vendor return authorizations in order to keep inventory levels below set goal amount.
- Regularly follow up with vendors for all pending return authorizations to ensure they are processed in a timely manner.
- Escalate to management unresolved returns, as well as returns that exceed specified values and time-frames.
- Build and improve relationships with vendor partners in order to maintain awareness of all returns processes and expectations.
- Appropriately prioritize the processing and follow actions for pending return authorizations.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and be flexible in shifting priorities in a changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience working in a corporate office environment.