The Associate Benefits Specialist provides comprehensive, effective and efficient support across the Benefits Team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Benefit administration that includes assisting coworkers with benefit enrollment, communicating benefit information to coworkers and answering questions, updating HRIS system with benefit elections, benefit enrollment reporting, reviewing & paying carrier bills.
- Delivers a total rewards presentation to new hires on a bi-weekly basis and acts as first point of contact within Coworker Services for new hire questions.
- Manages the Coworker of the Month Program by overseeing a committee of 5 coworkers, proctoring a monthly voting call, partnering with marketing on announcements and program collateral and planning the annual Coworker of the Year event.
- Review benefit carrier bills for accuracy and process payments in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Performs various benefit data audits within our benefit enrollment platform. Corrects data, as needed.
- Maintain email mailboxes in a timely manner.
- Run and create reports by request.
- Handle sensitive data with a strong sense of privacy and confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
High school diploma and 2 years of HR experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with coworkers at all levels including Senior Leadership.
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive working relationships.
History of working independently with little direction.
Strong attention to detail while being results and solution driven.
Sound multi-tasking and self-organization capabilities within tight timelines.
Advanced skills within Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
Experience with Peoplesoft and/or Taleo