As a part of the CDW Project Management team, you are in the middle of the action creating technical solutions, impacting CDW's business growth and supporting our sales team. If you are interested in having a significant impact on the business at CDW and enabling our clients to achieve their business goals, then CDW has an exciting opportunity for you.
Responsibility for Delighting Customers
The CDW Engagement Methodology and the CDW Operations Framework define standards to deliver projects and hosting and managed services that will delight our customers. Here are the roles that Program Managers play in the Methodology and Framework –
- Understand the product/solution strategy being proposed.
- Seek out opportunities for cross-selling additional products and services.
- Participates in pre-sales activities.
- Contributes to and reviews Statements of Work.
- Advocates for the value and benefit of our Engagement Methodology
- Assist staff with complex or advanced technology conversations or presentations.
- Participates in pre-sales activity in a supporting role to the solution architects.
- Reviews deviations from current solutions/offerings to provide input into content for proposals and Statement of Work.
- Acts as a consultant to the Account Executive on sales opportunities for a program client.
- Own financial performance (budget to actual, hours remaining, expenses, etc.) of the program of projects.
- Addresses financial warnings with the project managers.
- Manage a program financial view of projects so that adjustments can be made to individual projects to meet the program goals.
- Manages project procurement and adjusts schedules as necessary.
- Ensure that projects within the program adhere to quality control standards such as project change orders, reporting and issues tracking.
- Accountable for setting the direction for the project management discipline at CDW
- Is viewed as an expert in the field of project management by those outside the organization in the professional community.
- Owns the CDW Engagement Methodology by continually evaluating and refining the templates, tools, and materials, especially as industry standards evolve.
- Lead the CDW Center of Excellence for Project Management and therefore facilitate the sharing of information across the project management team (information from conferences, best practices research, lessons learned from experience, training seminars, etc.) by building tools/sites, creating webinars and wikis, organizing ad hoc meetings, etc.
- Mentor Project Managers in developing project management skills.
- Coach Project Managers on managing their project teams and resolving issues. Handles escalated issues and determined proper course of action.
- Negotiates conflicts of resources, due dates, and priorities across the projects in their program.
- Presents program/project updates to executive audiences.
- Prepares and present formal and informal presentations to clients, project team and groups outside the company in an interactive format or lecture style. Comfortable with longer presentations on complex topics to larger audiences.
- Prepares and presents formal presentations at executive briefings.
Responsibility for Building Employer of Choice Reputation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – work with team members to gather information and determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
- Documentation and Deliverables – manage clear, concise deliverables utilizing the appropriate document templates
- Knowledge Sharing and Training – provide knowledge transfer to clients throughout project lifecycle and train peers one-on-one or in small group settings
- Achieving the financial success of the program
- Independently managing a program of projects managed by multiple project managers.
- Apply the CDW Engagement Methodology to a program of projects, ensuring that project managers meet controls established as part of the methodology
- Sharing knowledge and being a champion for the project management discipline
- Incorporate industry best practices in to the CDW Engagement Methodology
Bachelor degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience.
Nine or more years experience in delivering quality Infrastructure Project Management.
Five or more years experience in leading significant projects.
Other Required Qualifications
Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, and recommend business strategies.
Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies including at least one that is iterative (non-waterfall).
Must be proficient in solving business problems, applying technology and frameworks and be capable of demonstrating proficiencies in Enterprise IT infrastructure issues.
Has significant successful experience in leading projects involving multiple technologies or large and complex implementations.
Working knowledge of the cost, timeline, and resources necessary in deploying technology solutions.
A professional, customer-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers.
Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs.
This position may require the ability to travel average of 50%.
Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.