Business Development Manager, State and Local Program Based Accounts
The Program Based Account Business Development Manager is responsible for accelerating growth in the State & Local market (SLG), focusing on the largest customers’ strategy and engagement. This individual will play a consultative role, leveraging the knowledge of CDW-G’s solutions and offerings, to align with the customer’s business priorities and position CDW-G as a preferred partner. The Program Based Account Business Development Manager will earn the customer by demonstrating the full resources and capabilities that we can deploy to help them achieve their mission.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create SLG Program Based Account strategy, tools, resources, and processes to increase customer relevancy and deliver sales growth within SLG program based accounts. Focus on strategic planning, competitive assessment, development and implementation of strategic plans, and customer/business acquisition strategies. Advise sales leadership on the strength of the account team, resources needed to earn the customer, and changes that need to be made in sales coverage. Work closely with ITS to prioritize technical resources for service delivery.
- SLG Program Based Account Strategy
- Directly responsible for the engagement and pursuit of 10-15 SLG Program Based accounts, as defined with SLG sales directors & VPs
- Gain access to key customer decision makers (D and C level)
- Build strategic customer relationships for long-term partnerships
- Help shape market opportunities (customer, partner and industry leaders)
- Identify and develop key partner relationships (OEM, service partners, diverse business partners)
- Understand the customer’s budget, funding streams, and how the political landscape impacts the customer
- SLG Program Based Accounts and projects
- Discovery of C-Level clients’ business needs through research & customer engagement
- Educate C-level on CDW-G’s capabilities, resources, and past performance around their strategic initiatives
- Apply project management techniques for successful delivery
- Uncover the areas of the business where CDW-G has the greatest opportunity to add value and win. This includes department/agency white space analysis, propensity to invest in specific solutions, partner engagement strategy, and specific services/solutions needed
- Demonstrate advanced insights and understanding of customer’s business/industry.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders at the customer to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity, including executives, program leads, project leads, technical experts and procurement
- Understand customer’s business requirements such as small/diverse business preference, digital integration, sustainability, procurement law, and corporate & social responsibility policy
- Develop a multi-year strategic account plan with milestones and metrics; including Professional Services strategy
- Leverage internal CDW expertise and relationships to provide superior customer experience
- Influence and Interface with cross functional teams to help accelerate SLG Program Based Account sales strategies
- Align with sales, leadership, and partner teams to present a unified front and represent a single vision for our SLG Program Based accounts
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally. Get the right attention, with the right resources, to provide a superior customer experience
- Serve as the single point of contact for critical customer issues. Escalate internally/externally and provide clear, frequent communication to the customer
- Act as the voice of the customer. Provide feedback to sales, operations, ITS, digital integration, and channel teams to drive continuous improvement
- Integrate deep technical, business, and procurement expertise into a comprehensive, customer focused experience
- Have a sound understanding of SLG Program Based Account procurement processes, contracts, regulations, operations and sustainment services
- Be an expert in the city/county/state where the SLG Program Based account is located
- Participate in select public sector/industry associations briefings
- Understand customer requirements & CDW-G’s capabilities around digital integration, supplier diversity, sustainability, and corporate & social responsibility
- Transform Strategy into tactical and operational objectives
- Work with clients to establish goals, or other key performance indicators. Measure performance and build a plan to help the customer achieve their goals
- Engage with customer executives (and other influential stakeholders) to identify, define, track and measure the overall impact of CDW-G’s solutions to organizational goals
- Ensure customer creates value through defining and achieving business outcomes
- College degree or equivalent industry experience. 5 years of customer-facing sales/marketing/business development experience in Public Sector
- Strong customer-facing skills, with a history of building solid relationships with C-Level Executives in IT and Procurement
- Proven success record of implementing Public Sector technology services and solutions
- Experience in positioning technology-related solutions, including services, to Public Sector entities
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and background in contracts and e-Procurement solutions for Public Sector
- Knowledge of government procurement budgets and procurement cycles
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), detail oriented, effective interpersonal skills, an energetic and enthusiastic individual.
- Ability to build strong relationships both within one’s own organization, as well as with suppliers and customers
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and via tele/video conference.
- Must be a self-starter and able to meet and exceed expectations with limited supervision
- Motivated by achievement, challenge, competition, and being part of a winning team
- Strong analytical skills to collect information and problem solve for business needs
- Is a passionate learner who demonstrates continuous learning by proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and services
- Operates with the perspective and insight that the business needs
- History of success in team selling
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.