Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings. We have grown into a major player in the technology and business consulting industry and have operations across North America. Focal Point has pioneered a new model for providing effective, relevant, and forward-thinking consulting for IT clients. For its coworkers, CDW-Focal Point has developed a culture built on teamwork, professional growth, and a commitment to quality.
The Data Privacy Manager is responsible for managing and providing services related to a broad range of privacy disciplines, including compliance assessments, program design and policy development. He/she works on-site and off-site to evaluate client compliance with common industry standards and regulations.
The Data Privacy Manager must have working knowledge of federal and state privacy rules and regulations. He/she assists with managing client engagements, working with and delegating tasks to team members, drafting/reviewing deliverables, and directly interacts with client personnel. Additional responsibilities include supporting the Data Privacy practice’s go to market initiatives (marketing collateral, webinars, industry events), business development initiatives, and mentoring team members.
- Must be able to lead teams in the field and perform privacy assessment interviews, reporting, and delivery of regulatory assessments (HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, GLBA, NIST, etc.), risk analyses, information inventory and data mapping, vendor management assessments, and additional privacy related projects.
- Document and review assessment results and prepare project deliverables that reflect analysis and observations to be communicated to client management.
- Research, evaluate and communicate client privacy requirements and identify current posture against these requirements to internal team and clients.
- Contribute to the development of the team’s assessment methodologies that help increase assessment efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain privacy practices and methodologies that help support Focal Point’s privacy initiatives and project efficiencies.
- Lead and support clients in incident response management, including incident investigation, fact-gathering and documentation, and regulatory or state breach notification procedures.
- Actively participate in local privacy community (e.g., LinkedIn, local events, online forums), and assists in creating data privacy white papers on hot topics and current events that will provide guidance to current and potential clients.
- Travel may be required (40-50%) post Pandemic
- 4+ years working in a consulting role as a Data Privacy Manager or Senior Consultant or related field experience.
- Experience interpreting federal and state privacy regulations.
- Working with security controls and understanding operational risk tolerance.
- Experience performing privacy and/or security gap assessments.
- Experience with Big4 and/or other consulting firms preferable.
- Knowledge of the federal and state rules, regulations, and guidance related to security and privacy including but not limited to HIPAA, GLBA, GDPR, CCPA, Safe Harbor framework, Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP), and NIST.
- Understanding of, or experience with, One Trust module configuration a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- BA, BS, or relevant business degree
- CIPP US/E, CIPM and/or other certifications a plus