The Professional Services Manager (PSM) is a business, sales, and solutions thought leader at CDW. The PSM provides leadership and support for Sales, Solution Architects and Services Teams within their territory. The PSM is accountable for effective and efficient day-to-day Services operations, client relationship management, and for driving alignment with the Sales team within their territory. The PSM demonstrates a laser-like focus in managing all services engagements to achieve financial, operations, client, and coworker success. To realize these targets the PSM must balance a strong financial and operational results focus with a strong coworker and client emphasis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Attain revenue and gross profit growth targets within their territory.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Sales, Solutions Architects, Services Teams and Management to achieve Services goals and attainment of all targets.
- Provide leadership and support for Sales, Solution Architects and Services Teams within their territory.
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with clients – building relationships with clients from IT engineering staff up to “C” level executives. Lead, collaborate and participate with Sales and Solutions team(s) on client sales calls, services estimates and sales / client strategies with “C” suite level leadership.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partner representatives (Cisco, Microsoft, etc.) to ensure CDW is top of mind. Expand these relationships to CDW account managers, regional managers, architects, and consultants.
- Lead and manage designated Enterprise Architect team to achieve financial, operational, client, and coworker targets.
- Ensures that services engagements exceed client expectations, and provides services clients with an authoritative escalation path to resolve conflicts and issues quickly.
Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and coordinate with Sales, Solution Architects, Services Teams and Management to maximize services financial results and increase product and licensing attachment.
- Collaborate with Sales to increase client solution opportunities to drive adoption of entire CDW services portfolio.
- Prepare services forecasts, budgets and other projections as required.
- Analyze economic, competitive and industry changes affecting services in their territory and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Regular cadence with Sales and Services Leadership on staffing plans and pipeline.
- Act as subject matter expert on CDW services offering and capabilities and educate sales teams as needed.
- Educate clients about CDW services offerings and capabilities.
- Own and manage client satisfaction and loyalty with your clients. Proactively resolve issues, as necessary.
- Act as point of contact to our clients for all service related issues until resolution.
- Conduct face-to-face client loyalty meetings for top services clients.
- Establish and cultivate solid working relationship with all internal clients – AT Services Managers, Solutions Teams, Recruiters, Branch Managers, Account Executives, Sales Management and Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide overall engagement management and oversight for client engagements.
- Negotiate contracts and statement of works with CDW legal and CDW client base.
- Manage your team to have the right set of technical skills, in the immediate and long-term, which are focused on Advanced Technology Products and Emerging Technologies.
- Ensure your team fully understands their roles, and possesses the right set of professional consulting and sales skills.
- Create individual technical and professional development plans with each team member.
- Provide complete, accurate, ongoing communication with your team.
- Deliver substantive performance feedback and coaching to your team, solution architects and other services teams.
- Provide feedback to the Solution Architects on project estimate accuracy to fine tune our pricing.
- Support the SDMs with staffing issues.
- Lead and implement Advanced Technology Services’ vision, goals and strategies.
- Create and instill a culture of increasing bill rates and decreasing costs of delivering engagements.
- Manage and monitor General and Administrative expenses.
- Collaborate with Senior PSMs on new hires, trainings, internal projects, Coworker compensation and bonuses.
- Ensure that monthly forecasts are complete, accurate and timely.
- Ensure that time and invoice approval is performed in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with vendor partners – Vendor Partner Engineer Managers / Vendor Partner Services Managers / Vendor Partner Account Teams.
- Serve as the professional services interface to key vendor partners, evangelizing CDW’s capabilities and addressing perceived gaps.
- Drive the feedback process from delivery to pre-sales, ensuring that pre-sales tactics accurately reflect delivery’s experiences.
- Contribute to Services Management team meetings and Services Management best practices.
- Review branch financials and project performance to ensure profitability of projects.
Measurements and Targets
- Gross Profit
- Gross Margin
- Bill Rate
- Company Operating Margin
- Client Loyalty
- Coworker Loyalty
- Coworker Retention
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience
- Seven years of related consulting or IT services delivery experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to lead teams; gain consensus
- Effective communication skills both oral and written using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve client, project and people issues
- Proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge of IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, HP, and EMC products and services
- Experience working with branch vendors and business partners
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in a strategic partnership
- Demonstrated ability to meet business unit sales objectives
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 50% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Previous consulting management experience required
- 2 – 5 years of experience with Profit and Loss responsibility
- Strong project and risk management skills
- Strong IT background in Advanced Technologies
- Strong presentation skills
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.