CDW - Focal Point Data Risk Engagement Manager is a highly skilled and experienced practitioner who coordinates and manages a wide array of identity and access management (IAM) projects for Focal Point’s customer-facing engagements with Fortune 500 companies in the US and Canada. The projects are largely based on SailPoint but other tools may be used such as CyberArk and Ping. Focal Point builds and supports identity and access management solutions that are highly integrated with the customer’s environment.
The Engagement Manager partners with business and technology stakeholders in establishing high performance project teams and providing overall project management on projects from initiation through production deployment and closeout. This entails overseeing multiple project teams, which may consist of resources from Focal Point, the client, and other suppliers. The Engagement Manager is a highly visible leadership role, collaborating with strategic business leaders as well as tactical implementation teams. The Engagement Manager must possess strong skills and experience in schedule management, financial management, communications management, risk management and scope management. Experience working in a Project Management Office (PMO) and working with PMO processes is required. Experience leading Waterfall-SDLC or Agile-Scrum software development projects is highly desired. The EM may be required to travel up to 50% of the time and handle multiple small to medium-sized projects at the same time, under the genral direction of the PMO Manager.
The key difference between the Engagement Manager and a traditional Project Manager is the Engagement Manager’s responsibility for overall client satisfaction, client relationship building, and developing new business, in addition to managing the successful delivery of in-flight projects.
- Manage one or more IAM projects that could span several clients in different cities.
- Develop kickoff presentations and conduct project kickoffs with the Focal Point team and the client.
- Establish an onsite presence as needed, but also establish an effective remote project management process, using WebEx and other collaborative tools.
- Establish and manage full software development life cycle (SDLC) project plans for moderate to complex projects.
- Ensure that key meetings, led by Focal Point, are scheduled with an agenda and meeting notes taken with action items as needed.
- Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating project teams, project schedules, SDLC deliverables and budgets.
- Create and maintain the budget forecast spreadsheet with the goal of accurately forecasting the invoice revenue and expenses for the duration of the project.
- Coordinate internal and client-based meetings to communicate project status, including issue resolution, budget forecast, and risk mitigation plans.
- Create and execute a formal communications plan and conduct all agreed internal and client status review meetings.
- Effectively apply Focal Point’s Spectrum methodology and adopt project delivery standards established by the PMO.
- Contribute intellectual capital to the PMO and take ownership of PMO processes or artifacts as needed.
- Develop and nurture high performance teams.
- Manage team conflict and issues while motivating and driving teams towards success.
- Manage the change management process, by sensing when a change has occurred and working with Focal Point and the client to understand and communicate impacts, with a plan to manage the change through a CR or other means.
- Work with Focal Point and client resources to drive requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, and testing to ensure a quality delivery.
- Work with sponsors and technical leaders to ensure a common understanding and agreement on project objectives and scope.
- Engage in the sales process by contributing to the development of SOWs through SOW reviews, collaboration on project schedules, and project pricing validation.
- Conduct a project closeout to confirm the acceptance of all deliverables and to review lessons learned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Minimum 5 years of project or program management experience.
- Minimum 10 years of project or program management experience for Senior level Engagement Manager.
- Experience managing multiple software development and systems integration projects in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience with implementing Identity and Access Management solutions is a plus.
- PMP Certification.
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent Agile Certification is a plus.
- CISSP Certification is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leadership presence and project management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and work in a dynamic, customer-facing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interviewing skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a variety of Project Manager methodologies and techniques, including Waterfall SDLC and Agile Scrum.
- Strong knowledge and expertise with Microsoft Project 2016 or later.
- Solid understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Solid knowledge of financial management and budgeting techniques.