The HPE GreenLake Pursuit Specialist- role focuses on Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s Greenlake consumption-based solutions. This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. The incumbent analyzes the financial sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's financial desires and define actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe. HPE GreenLake Pursuit Specialist is a field-based financial presales role. The candidate is expected to spend the majority of their time onsite at CDW customer locations in market. The HPE GreenLake Pursuit Specialist develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales Management to support and be seen as the trusted advisor to grow the Consumption as a Service Business. The HPE GreenLake Pursuit Specialist is expected to be the subject matter expert in financial modeling of CapEx, OpEx, corporate tax and other CxO level financial discussions. The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for creating and driving their sales pipeline for HPE’s GreenLake within the specified geography.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HPE’s “Everything as a Service” solutions and services better.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Provide support to Account managers and provide input regarding business development and corporate financial expertise.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique financial needs of the client within their industry.
- Serves as the financial expert to CDW sales and presales teams for extremely complex financial business presentations to our customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales growth.
- Achieves assigned quota for Consumption as a Services (Greenlake) revenue and profit.
- Relationship selling within, and influencing, a team of selling professionals; physically visits CDW customers at their offices.
- Actively engages company resources and senior executives to build strategic relationships with the customer to ensure long- term business opportunities for CDW.
- Provides the business rationale and risk assessment for making company investments in the financial solution.
- Coordinate the development of high-quality sales specific trainings and collaterals
- Define enablement plans and supporting programs to generate incremental opportunities (e.g. adopting best practices, leverage references or use cases…).
- Maintain a community of practice within GreenLake Sales
- Act as a point of contact and reference for GL Sales resources
- Present market insights and recommend sales programs that will generate revenue
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Four-year minimum business or financial selling experience
- Experience selling cloud- base solutions
- Ability to analyze the partners and HPE portfolios and identify areas of collaboration and complementarity
- Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
- Proven project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proven success and experience selling technologies solutions and services
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
- Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.