CDW•G esports Solution Specialist
The CDW•G esports Solution Specialist proactively drives revenue and profit for esports opportunities in the Education vertical. This role works directly with CDW Account Managers, sales leadership, and partners on whitespace opportunities. The Solution Specialist brings together knowledge of quotes, technical product knowledge, bid opportunities, and the market to identify deals and win them. This role is integral in identifying net new business for both CDW and the related brands that support esports. Working with the leading brands in the industry, the role will serve as a critical OEM agnostic voice to customers as they make purchase decisions to establish and grow their esports programs.
- Be a subject matter expert on partner’s products, programs and go to market strategies and communicate them to CDW sales.
- Create product and build of materials recommendations for customers and account managers based on customer calls and emails.
- Assist CDW sales and designated partners with field alignment and account mapping within assigned territories.
- Attend customer facing events and/or conference calls to communicate the value add of CDW and the partner.
- Facilitate trainings for Education on partner products, services and programs.
- Assist the partner and Product and Partner Management (PPM) contacts in creating messaging and promotions that directly align with K12 and Higher Education.
- Complete monthly scorecard identifying sales engagement, pipeline and market trends
- Cultivate relationships between partner sales team, CDW Sales, & Leadership teams.
- Act as a liaison between CDW Sales and Product and Partner Management (PPM) to identify opportunities for product, program and partner alignment improvements.
- Understand the market trends and specific needs of esports and Education as well as be able to identify and communicate wins/challenges of the business internally and externally.
- Understand the competitive landscape in assigned segment and/or region and how market conditions can impact CDW and the partner being supported.
- Have excellent knowledge of CDW service offerings and the process in which account managers attach them to client products.
- Proficient in CDW tools and process such as SPS, AS400, bid desk, returns etc.
- Participate in daily customer conference calls with Account Managers and Field Executives
- Responsible for answering presales and post sales technical questions
- Educate account managers on products and resources to help them become as self-sufficient as possible
- Responsible for reviewing quotes and orders
- Maintain knowledge base of current manufacturers and solutions proposed, provided, and serviced by CDW-G
- Provide oversight, recommendations, and solutions for customer proposals and RFP’s
- Provide training and subject matter expertise to stakeholders within the organization, and customers via online and in person meetings
- Establishing, growing and maintaining partnerships with education institutions and other alliances to support the organization’s goals.
- Ability to position CDW’s solutions as a strategic advantage to our customers’ long term needs
- Support opportunities outside of the EDU vertical as necessary and as the business demand requires
- Maintain CDW’s values and Philosophies of Success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years experience in Education IT Sales and/or Marketing with responsibility for monthly & quarterly sales targets
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Technical computer expertise including creating builds of materials and recommendations of computer components to successfully run esports games
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including partner, CDW, and customer executives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with partner, CDW and customer executives.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze information
- Strong willingness to learn
- Established relationships and 3+ years’ experience working with the esports EDU community
- Established track record of successful quote driven sales attainment
- Strong working knowledge of the Education market with a focus on esports
- Strong knowledge of CDW’s position and ability to execute solution focused marketing programs effectively
- Familiarity with CDW SPS pipeline management, and forecast delivery tools