As a Systems Engineer at CDW, you are responsible for the systems administration and life cycle management of server infrastructure to support CDW applications. You will implement, install, and configure hardware and software to company standards. You will also be responsible technical team projects and completing cross team initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support, install, maintain, and troubleshoot server operating systems and related software.
- Support, install, maintain, and troubleshoot server hardware and virtualization platforms.
- Support Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS (Domain Name System), and LDAP technologies.
- Maintain proper software and firmware patch levels on servers using patch deployment tools.
- Monitor servers for failures and performance problems.
- Open support cases with vendors and resolves critical problems.
- Respond to and resolves support cases generated in CDW’s support ticketing system (ServiceNow).
- Lead, participates in, and/or coordinates infrastructure projects and technology implementations.
- Maintains user documentation for various stages of configuration, implementation and support of infrastructure services.
- Executes and optimizes the processes used to ensure proper software and firmware patch levels on servers using Microsoft SCCM or other tools.
- Ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability while supporting, installing, and maintaining all infrastructure and related software.
- Identifes environment issues and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Acts as a point of escalation for first and second level support coworkers. Coordinates and/or completes repairs of physical and logical failures.
- Follow and suggest improvement to CDW’s policies, best practices and guidelines for the server infrastructure and performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Collaborates with business owners to complete server project requirements. Participates in business continuity planning for infrastructure.
- Support security policies, practices, and guidelines for the server infrastructure.
- Coordinates with business owners to complete server project requirements.
- Work additional evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Participate in a team on-call rotation.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of Information Technology Engineering experience installing/upgrading/managing Windows or Linux systems.
- Successful track record in building, configuring, and troubleshooting VMware vSphere infrastructure.
- Experience building, configuring, and trouble shooting server operating systems and server.
- Powershell scripting experience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to understand, retain, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports and work-related manuals.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field or the equivalent working experience.
- Technical certifications associated to the chosen professional track.
- VMware certifications in vSphere configuration and management.
- Microsoft Certifications in server administration and Active Directory.
- Experience with HPE Synergy and OneView configuration.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux operating system administration.
- Experience with PKI and certificate administration.
- ITIL framework and standards.
- Experience with ServiceNow.