As part of the Cyber Defense team at Focal Point, the Senior Consultant is a subject matter expert that works with CDW Focal Point clients to design and deploy industry-leading solutions to improve the protection of assets within their environments. They will understand how to use relevant platforms from leading vendors to build and support patch, update, and configuration management services. The ideal candidate for this job will be a goal-oriented, customer focused information security practitioner who possess the ability to apply solutions to business requirements to assist the organization in achieving business, technical, and security related goals.
What you will get to do:
- Assist customers to develop, implement and improve their vulnerability and patch management programs.
- Leverage asset, vulnerability and patch management platforms and tools to evaluate current security posture from a variety of perspectives.
- Work with customer teams to support the design, deployment and improvement of vulnerability and patch management processes and procedures.
- Optimize customer vulnerability and patch management platforms to improve operational effectiveness.
- Plan and implement vulnerability scanning using customer and CDW Focal Point tools.
- Design and execute vulnerability and patch management metrics and reporting.
- Engage with other CDW Focal Point and customer teams to get and share information to improve processes and security posture.
- Document designs, configurations, test plans and other types of technical documentation.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of current vulnerability and patch management operations.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in cybersecurity, and IT testing, and IT solutions development and maintenance, preferably in a DevOps environment.
- Extensive experience with configuring and troubleshooting vulnerability management platforms such as Tenable or Qualys as well as patch management control platforms such as Ivanti/LANDesk, HCL BigFix, Microsoft MECM/SCCM and others.
- Experience with leading or supporting patch management, vulnerability management, or configuration management programs.
- Experience in troubleshooting patch deployment and installation through log analysis and investigation.
Technical Skills & Proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill with common endpoint management platforms such as Ivanti, BigFix and/or SCCM.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill with common vulnerability management solutions from Tenable, Qualys, Rapid7 and others.
- Technical experience with networks, operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux), applications, etc.
- Experience writing PowerShell, SQL queries, Python, and other relevant scripting languages / technologies.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards regarding patch and vulnerability management (i.e., Patch Criticality Ratings, Patch Tuesday, Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), Common Vulnerability and Exposures (CVE))
- Strong working history with common cloud, network and/or endpoint security platforms.
- Ability to review, produce and make recommended changes to existing cyber security platforms.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Vulnerability and patch management vendor certifications preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) desirable.
Travel and Location:
- Telecommute available, with travel averaging 50%