As part of the Cyber Defense team at CDW Focal Point, the Senior Consultant is a subject matter expert that works with Focal Point clients to design and deploy industry-leading solutions to improve the protection of assets within their environments. They will understand how to use a wide variety of approaches to improve cloud security posture and DevSecOps practices. The ideal candidate for this job will be a goal-oriented, customer focused information security practitioner who possesses the ability to apply solutions to business requirements to assist the organization in achieving business, technical, and security related goals.
What you will get to do:
- Work with customer teams to support the design, deployment, and improvement of cloud security architectures.
- Use a variety of platforms and tools to assess and improve our customer’s current cloud security on cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Assess, develop, and improve our customer’s DevSecOps practices.
- Build CI/CD pipelines integrating security with application delivery automation.
- Optimize customer cloud security platforms and services to improve operational effectiveness.
- Work across Focal Point business units to provide a holistic approach that combines risk management, access management and cyber defense.
- Contribute to the development of new Cyber Defense services offered by CDW Focal Point.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of current cloud security and DevSecOps practices.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Several years of relevant experience in cybersecurity preferred, ideally with a DevOps or Cloud environment.
- Experience with leading small teams.
- Experience consulting with clients and working within mixed consultant/customer teams.
- Experience in assessing cloud security environments and architectures.
- Practical experience working in DevOps and DevSecOps.
Technical Skills & Proficiency
- Strong working history with common cloud and cloud security platforms in AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Foundational knowledge of modern DevSecOps tool stacks including automation, testing, and deployment.
- Ability to review, produce and make recommended changes to existing cloud security platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering, information systems, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Certified Cloud Security Profession (CCSP) preferred.
- AWS Security, Azure Security Engineer Associate and/or Google Cloud Security Engineer certification preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) desirable.
Travel and Location:
- Telecommute available, with travel averaging 50%