The Manager, PPM manages a team that focuses on the pre-determined product categories assigned. This role drives profitability and revenue through the integration and development of programs for product and partners within the CDW portfolio. The incumbent evaluates, creates, executes and measures opportunities around the CDW product and partner mix. The Category Manager is responsible for all areas of partner management and partner investment including COOP, VIR and financial programs. This role aligns CDW and assigned partners’ marketing plans, along with owns, manages, and develops all assigned key partner relationships, and works closely with segment and sales leaders to develop customer segment focus strategies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide leadership to coworkers through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Own and maximize PCM – Partner Controllable Margin.
- Establish pricing strategies, monitors competitive activity, oversees product information and identifies customer needs.
- Responsible for the creation of customer offers.
- Oversee the development of marketing plans for their product portfolio.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue, profit and vendor co-op for specific product category(s) through planning and marketing.
- Manage and interface with partners to develop or enhance the marketing of product(s) or product line(s).
- Lead and direct merchandising activities.
- Assess and understand competitive landscape and adjust direction as needed.
- Manage SKUs per product categories.
- Identify emerging technologies and industry trends within the category and adjust the plan accordingly.
- Act as an escalation point and liaison between the vendor and CDW.
- Engage with Purchasing to help forecast sales, assist with promotional buy in opportunities with partners and communicate shifts in market pricing to help with buying decisions.
- Approve content for respective manufacturer ads.
- Create and maintain an annual business plan.
- Lead efforts to increase customer and account manager penetration for their category(s).
- Up to 20% travel.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Marketing, or related field.
- 5 years of product management, marketing, supply chain, sales or finance experience.
- Prior experience coaching or mentoring others.
- Proven track record in product management/marketing a product line(s).
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Strong strategic and executional leader.
- Demonstrated financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- History of building and maintaining relationships.
- Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to be persuasive.
- The ability to multitask effectively and see projects through from inception to completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to master a product portfolio.
- 7 years of product management, marketing, supply chain, or product management vendor finance experience.
- Experience in Business to Business marketplace.