The Contract Negotiations Document Manager runs the contract negotiations team vetting activities and events, including analyzing and assigning negotiations team resource assignments, analyzing and evaluating CDW standard terms while persuasively positioning CDW to create a path for meaningful, profitable growth. The Contract Negotiations Document Manager socializes contract opportunities with the appropriate stakeholders and is the primary point of contact for all communications regarding the opportunities to the point of assignment or escalation. This individual is also responsible for monitoring, regulating, and reporting on workload for the contract negotiations team. The Contract Negotiations Document Manager reports to a Manager, Contract Negotiations and interacts frequently with various coworkers within the company, including Proposal Writers, Vetting Supervisors, Capture Managers, Account Managers, and Sales Leadership.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Implement and manage a data driven decision making approach to appropriately allocate resources.
- Develop and implement a strategy and platform to ensure transparency of Contract Negotiator resource capacity and assignment decision rationale; while maintaining an organized portfolio.
- Conduct opportunity due diligence and high-level issue review for purposes of determining appropriateness of assignment to Contract Negotiators.
- Engage with customers to position and generate CDW’s preferred contract templates where beneficial to our business.
- Develop relationships across CDW’s business units and partner community.
- Serve as the Negotiations “super user” within the team’s dedicated CLM platform.
- Provide training and guidance to account teams, peers, and other key internal stakeholders regarding engagement best practices, CLM platform usage, and other relevant topics as needed.
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Assist in reporting activities as requested by Contract Negotiations leadership.
- Manage the pre-assignment process. Gathers information from stakeholders and uses it to evaluate likelihood of winning and anticipate/eliminate potential contingencies that could result in mid-project no bids.
- Determine level of resource support necessary and estimation of time to complete.
- Evaluate contract and RFP opportunities in relation to other opportunities presented and resource availability across team.
- Qualify and document all received requests in SPS tracking system, including follow ups with the account team and other stakeholders to gather additional relevant information as needed.
- Lead routine vetting activities including Sales management vetting and assignment calls.
- Plan and executes data clean-up activities.
- Contribute to or produce standard contract negotiations team reporting.
- Assign tasks to team members without outside direction
- Escalate to Manager(s) within Contract Negotiations appropriately when required
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree
- 3 years similar legal experience or proposal writing
- Foundation Certification (APMP)
- 5+ years’ experience supporting a contracting organization.
- Demonstrable IT industry, contract negotiation, and business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal opportunities and risks.
- Familiarity with CLM platforms and workflows.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact within different levels of the organization and within different departments.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Ability to influence or gain acceptance from stakeholders in sensitive situations.