The Manager of Financial Systems is part of the Financial Systems team within the Finance organization. This team is responsible for administering, managing, and supporting critical Finance applications in partnership with Finance stakeholders and Technology. The Manager of Financial Systems will serve as a resource to the Finance organization and our business partners by providing system and process related support for budgeting, forecasting, consolidation, and financial reporting. In addition to daily business support, this role is responsible for identifying, developing, testing, and implementing process improvements to these systems. Responsibilities will focus on Hyperion Planning and Essbase applications and will also include HFM support for the consolidation process and FDMEE for loading files.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead team responsible for daily administration and management of Oracle Hyperion tools including Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management or Financial Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition (FDM or FDMEE), Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM), Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio (HFR), and SmartView.
- Analyze and monitor data integrity and track system performance metrics - partner with IT on resolution.
- Maintain integrity of system metadata, dimensionality, business rules and reporting.
- Solicit business requirements by leading discussions and workshops with Finance business partners, as needed; identify process and design improvements to facilitate greater system effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop test procedures for new and regression testing.
- Lead the identification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide Tier 1 support for Hyperion users.
- Define, translate, and document business requirements into Hyperion solutions through design, development, and testing.
- Develop and enhance governance of Hyperion ecosystem to provide oversight, guidance, escalation, consistency, and issue resolution.
- Works directly with key stakeholders and business partners to drive improvements in core financial processes such as close/consolidations; planning, budgeting, and forecasting; and management reporting.
- Support acquisition integration efforts by assisting with repeatable processes for efficient and timely integration of financial data.
- Ensures project success by accurately assessing and establishing scope, resources, schedule, and risk mitigation plans.
- Provides thought leadership to financial system program objectives.
- Provides leadership to individuals on team(s) through onboarding, training, coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years of Hyperion administration experience
- 3+ years of experience working in Finance
- 3+ years of data analytics/data management, business analysis, and/or program management experience in technology, process improvement, and/or organization design initiatives
- At least 1 year management experience
- Hyperion administration experience required with expertise in Essbase, Data Relationship Management (DRM), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM), Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR), Financial Data Management (FDMEE) and Excel Smart View Add-in.
- Expertise in Essbase Calc scripts and data load rules
- Experience with Financial planning and Financial reporting procedures
- Ability to think strategically to develop forward thinking and growth-oriented business solutions
- Experience with the design and implementation of technology/tools which enable financial processes
- Experience leading, managing and supporting colleagues/teams in the delivery and support of financial processes and systems
- Change management and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to drive programs independently
- Prior knowledge of and experience with financial and strategic planning processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills capable of interfacing effectively with executive management and key stakeholders; must possess team orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizations successfully
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent
- Experience migrating Hyperion to Oracle EPM Cloud