The Proposal Administrator is responsible for reviewing, and potentially scoring, logging, tracking, assigning customer documents and forms, contracts, requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs) in support of CDW’s proposal contracts and services contract teams. The Administrators interacts daily with Account Managers, Sales Managers, Service Specialists and other sales and delivery stakeholders, gathering information about opportunities to determine value and viability. In addition to these primary duties, the Administrators maintains the database that tracks the status of ongoing deals, runs progress reports, and assists Proposal Specialists and Contract Negotiators in order to streamline production and ensure prompt delivery to internal and external customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Read RFP's, RFI's and other customer documents and summarizes main points and areas of concern.
- Gather information from stakeholders to determine the value and viability of opportunities.
- Score, logs, and tracks customer requests.
- Distribute and assigns projects.
- Maintain calendars and timelines.
- Ensure accuracy in essential communications and notifications.
- Follow up with, and provides feedback to, sales stakeholders regarding status of proposals and contract reviews.
- Update tracking database.
- The Proposal Administrators assist team members with formatting, printing, and proposal production, as needed and undertakes other projects that are assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1 year of equivalent work experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Abilities to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- Effective communication skills with an appreciation for the appropriate ways to interact
- with managers, coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Experience with and understanding of the proposal process and general contract principles.