This position utilizes instructional design knowledge and a variety of learning technology to complete complex instructional design projects with a focus on building leadership, selling and technical skills. This role collaborates with senior leadership to implement first-class development programs that support CDW’s strategies and business goals. Scope includes the identification, design, development, and implementation of training solutions utilizing various learning tools and participation on project teams to design, develop, and implement organizational improvement solutions.
The Sr. Instructional Designer excels in identifying, designing, developing and implementating learning solutions using innovative learning tools and coaching peers on new and innovative learning tools to build capability.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and develop innovative learning experiences utilizing a broad variety of learning tools to maximize learner engagement and knowledge/skill retention.
- Consult and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define business requirements and translate needs into organizational improvement solutions.
- Research best practices and industry trends. Identify and diagnose areas of opportunity, recommend and implement appropriate solutions that positively impact organizational effectiveness.
- Develop, manage, and execute project management strategies to ensure effective resource allocation, commitment from project team members, timeliness, and attainment of business requirements.
- Effectively measure and assess participants’ skills client satisfaction and business impact related to provided services. Establish strategies for addressing gaps. Advise on methods and approaches to reinforce skills.
- Provide ongoing program and feedback and communication updates to stakeholders.
- Write recommendations, project proposals and business reviews for internal executive audiences.
- Mentor and coach team members on new and innovative learning tools to build capability.
- Evaluate, select, and partner with external vendors or contractors to either build or tailoring vendor materials to meet CDW-specific needs when necessary.
- Some travel may be required for team meetings or other in-person events.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ successful experience within Learning & Development.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of learning technologies, best practices and trends.
- Depth and/or breadth of expertise in instructional design, adult learning theories and evaluation methodologies.
- Interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices to design training solutions to solve issues.
- Impact the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional objectives.
- Communicates complex concepts; anticipates potential objections and influences others to adopt a different point of view.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications and collaboration platforms.
- Degree in Education, Training, Instructional Design or related field.
- Strong knowledge of advanced sales skills and strategy.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- History of working with sales organizations to increase revenue and profit performance.
- Solid knowledge of technical product categories and partners.