The Accounts Receivable Consultant independently manages a portfolio of accounts receivable that is the most complex, requires the highest degree of analysis, and generally represents the largest customer balances and accounts that require the highest level of support. This position serves as the role model for team members and assists with the training of new coworkers. The AR Consultant assists in running reports and following up on accounts to ensure thoroughness. The AR Consultant also takes on projects that require additional analysis and assists Supervisors with additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Handles the collection efforts of the most complex and meaningful accounts with the team’s book of business.
- Handles projects with significant complexity, including heavy analysis, identifying and resolving issues.
- Continually evaluates billing processes to ensure they meet customer and business needs.
- Mentors team members and serves as the role model in day to day activities, and may handle additional tasks in the Supervisor’s absence.
- Identifies issues in the billing department and communicates them with management.
- Demonstrates initiative and forward thinking as the company continues its rapid expansion
- Collaborates with Sales to meet customer requests.
- Identifies areas of process improvement and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Develops billing methods that consistently lead to achieving or exceeding company financial goals; while handling A/R related problems, anticipating, preventing, identifying and problem solving as necessary.
- Consistently drives for results and leads monthly invoicing to meet organizational goals
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4 years Accounts Receivable experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly analytical and consistently demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little to no direction.
- Ability to mentor and coach others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Quick Books experience.
- Peoplesoft experience.