Focal Point Data Risk delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything needed to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
The Learning Management System (LMS) Support Specialist will support the development, delivery, evaluation, and maintenance of Focal Point’s training solutions and programs. They own customer issues and provide the daily support students need to have a rich, dynamic learning experience. The LMS Support Specialist leads user communication, course metrics and reporting, enrollments, resource scheduling and system testing to ensure seamless virtual course deliveries.
- Configures and supports scheduled courses within the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
- Assists the LMS Administrator, Curriculum and Operations Teams in establishing and documenting procedures and best practices to ensure the optimal performance of the LMS and virtual class deliveries.
- Provide technical support to students participating in virtual learning
- Assigns the right virtual resources for Focal Point Academy courses to be delivered worldwide based on availability and location of training.
- Provides orientations of our virtual classroom capabilities to instructors.
- Assists with all technical issues and needs for instructors to enhance the learning experience and ensure successful training.
- Serves as tier-1 and 2 support for classroom related technical issues.
- Implements improvements to processes to increase productivity and quality of deliverables
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Creates user logins as needed and assigns appropriate user permissions.
- Creates and manages user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Manages course enrollment including progress tracking
- Populates course information and assigns learners
- Generates standard and custom reports
- Manages the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications from the LMS Administrator
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues relating to system functionality and software systems.
- Serves as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
- Reviews and monitors system performance
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience configuring and/or supporting an LMS in a training environment, preferably in Enterprise-level SaaS platforms.
- Familiar with the development of collaborative learning environments and Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge of corporate practices and business operations.
- High School Degree required
- Experience with education or training.
- Project management and technical writing capabilities.
- Experience performing hands-on customer service support by phone and e-mail.