Focal Point Data Risk delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything needed to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
The Technical Director of Cyber Operations will oversee the experts delivering Academy courses world-wide. They will provide thought leadership and direction in the development of curriculum relevant to the current and future state of Cyber Operations. The TD of Cyber Operations will deliver a world-class training experience for our clients, mentor new instructors, and conduct research to stay ahead of cyber trends. They will have subject matter expertise in relevant technical disciplines along with proven training experience and be motivated to provide a high-quality learning experience against a backdrop of constantly changing technologies and threats.
Essential Functions | Responsibilities:
- Create and implement an overarching plan of instruction for intermediate and advanced cyber operations teams.
- Develop advanced courses in cyber threat hunting methodology.
- Research future direction of technology relevant to cyber security and bring to the attention of the Director of Education new topics or course ideas relevant to current and future customers.
- Conduct curriculum development and maintenance to ensure training programs are up to date and meeting clients’ needs.
- Conduct multi-day instructor-led training at various skill levels in cyber security disciplines to include at least two out of the following: identity and access management, endpoint security analysis, network security analysis, hacker methodologies, malware analysis, incident response, cyber threat hunting and digital forensics.
- Actively seek and support new business opportunities in coordination with senior management.
- Create and manage systems of instructor support and development.
- Assess and provide feedback on the technical accuracy of curricula and course deliveries.
- Analyze course feedback metrics to ensure quality benchmarks are met and manage corrective action when necessary.
- Develop and deliver conference presentations to raise the technical profile of Focal Point in the cyber security community.
- Significant expertise in Cyber Security Operations and expert experience in one or more areas of Cyber Security: Intrusion Detection and Mitigation, Network Defense, Network Traffic Analysis or Operating System Security, Forensics, Incident Response, Cyber Threat Hunting, or Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering.
- 3+ Years’ experience leading a cyber security operations effort (SOC/watch floor, threat hunting team, forensic team, etc.)
- Experience in at least one of the following: technical instruction, coaching/mentoring, conference speaking, on-the-job training.
- Leadership – Ability to use personal skills to guide and inspire individuals/groups towards achieving goals. Ability to manage people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching.
- Industry Expertise: Advanced subject matter expertise in cyber security consulting and training.
- High Impact presentation: Ability to conduct strong presentations to train and educate students on technical material and applications.
- Manage Learning Environment: Ability to select initial presentation strategies, manage time available for course, facilitates opportunities for learner success, resolver learner behavior problems.
- Learner evaluation performance: Ability to monitor learner progress during instruction, administer tests, evaluate attainment of end-of-course objectives.
- Adult learner principles: Ability to engage learners to identify their learning needs, help trainees set personal learning objectives, assists trainees apply training content to their jobs, creates practice opportunities during the training session.
- Communication Skills: Superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work with all levels of internal and external clients, from clerks to CEO. Willingness to collaborate with subject matter experts and team members to complete projects and other business deliverables.
- Analytical: Keen sense of analytical skills.
- Problem Solving: Experience with identifying problems and creating proactive steps to resolve the problems in a way that avoids adverse impact of issues.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong attention to deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accuracy: Ability to deliver projects and all deliverables with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking: Capable of managing several tasks, projects and client deliverables effectively, efficiently and on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Education, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field or commensurate experience.
Travel Required: Up to 50% travel may be required.
- Demonstrated acumen working directly with government customers
- Ability to perform needs analysis and use them to direct contract outcomes
- Ability to establish and maintain high levels of professional conduct
- Skilled at setting clear objectives and targets
- Experience in proposal writing
- Strong ability to manage projects effectively and consistently
- Technical awareness of common operating system internals, network and host monitoring and analysis tools, SIEMs, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage.
- Proficient TCP/IP networking and networking protocols.
- Due to the extensive classroom training tasks, this role requires extensive experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult learners.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.