The Principal Architect - SDI (Software Defined Network) is responsible for driving technical strategy, and sales GTM for specific technologies for CDW customers. Successful Principal Architects will design and develop capabilities that address DVS opinions for leveraging the partner technology and adhering to industry best practices and norms.
Additionally, the Principal Architect will coordinate and standardize, wherever possible, the go-to-market solutions of their respective discipline with the delivery capabilities of the DVS professional services team.
Key areas of responsibility
- Define technical GTM and capabilities for on-prem, private cloud and public cloud technologies [AWS, Azure, GCP, SDI, DevOps/SRE].
- Define and document best practices for consulting with assigned technology
- Build standardized statements of work for capabilities within assigned technologies
- Build consulting and governance frameworks to drive consistency, repeatability, quality and optimization of professional services projects
- Evangelism of technology pertaining to assigned technologies
- Identify emerging practice opportunities within the partner technology landscape
- Partner with the Professional Services practice leadership team to collaborate on the development of capabilities and frameworks
- Work with the Professional Services practice leadership to prescribe, define and track certification requirements and specialties
- Assist Professional Services practice leadership with technical growth plans for engineers and architects
- Professional services delivery for DVS/CDW customers globally in respect to partner technologies and early adoption
- Focuses on technical standardization and opinionated approaches for client solutions
- Assists with SOW reviews and approval as needed
- Assists with technical screening for new candidate interviews
- Proficient in automation and orchestration technologies, including but not limited to Hashi Terraform and Ansible
- Provide workshops and training events for customers and industry leaders on emerging capabilities in assigned technologies
- Design and develop enablement programs in collaboration with Professional Services delivery leadership. e.g. Communities of Practice (COP) or similar
- Occasionally (20% or less) Performing Billable work at Strategic IGNW clients, or escalations that require Sr skills for remediation(Consulting Engagements)
- Presales consulting on occasion for assigned technologies
- Reviewing scopes and statements of work for assigned technologies
- Meet Training and certification requirements for selected Vendors (GCP AWS, Azure, Hashicorp, Docker, CKA, Etc)
- Help DVS to develop and mature our Cloud Engineering practice areas in response to client needs and market demand
- Where possible, Become top-level certified in the associated OEM or Provider technology, in order to demonstrate expertise and to coach others on the process
- Travel estimate is 25%
- Internal projects when applicable
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in deployment of private/public cloud solutions
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role
- Previous direct customer consulting experience or equivalent understanding of role responsibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of Terraform/Ansible or equivalent automation technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of public cloud platforms, aware of multi-platform solutions and capabilities
- Expert level proficiency in [AWS, Azure, GCP, SDI, DevOps/SRE].
- Demonstrated ability to speak to business value of assigned technologies [AWS, Azure, GCP, SDI, DevOps/SRE].
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to lead client facing conversations to drive success in consulting engagements
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills, able to mentor and guide internal engineering and personnel technical development teams
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense while engaging with customers and providing solutions.
- Ability to understand and follow complex instructions and guidelines.
- Public Cloud Certification: AWS/GCP/Azure
- Additional technology areas and experience: Python, Cloud platform specific automation tooling, additional scripting languages, additional software development languages, data experience, networking experience
- Previous consulting experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.