The Application Development Manager is responsible for overall team delivery of architecture, design, development, quality assurance and internal and external support for various windows desktop, web and mobile technologies.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Determine work requirements, priorities, and best use of resources for development projects as well as for unplanned incidents.
- Participate in the planning and prioritization of multiple projects and in the application architecture planning, including system partitioning and framework design.
- Create/review detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget.
- Review technical decisions to ensure they meet designated design goals.
- Develop solutions to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Develop and mentor the team through coaching, feedback and performance conversations.
- Act as the lead to assist with the technological direction of the team.
- Collaborate with various business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Participate in the planning; prioritization and resource allocation for manage workflow and projects.
- Participate in application architecture and framework design.
- Make technical decisions to meet the design goals articulated in product road map
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- 8 years in application development.
- 2 years of experience in development leadership
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile practices
- Experience in lead roles on reporting teams and managing implementation projects
- Experience with the product life cycle and strong understanding of the role of methodology.
- Working knowledge of business functions and a successful history of solution implementation.
- Solid experience using software design support tools and productivity suites such as Microsoft Visio, Office, and Project.
- Highly proficient using the Windows Operating System.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Solid business and technical acumen.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with applications that utilize Web & Microsoft technologies including C#, Angular, WPF, SQL Server, and TFS
- Familiarity with enterprise concepts such as MVVM, MVP, MVC, Domain Driven Design, and Microservices
- Ability to coach and mentor a team with varied skill levels from associate application developers to application architects
- Possesses a basic understanding of project financials and has a demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage to a budget and a timeline
- Capable of delivering projects in the short term while still ensuring all long-term architectural goals are met
- Technology thinker and evangelist with a history of driving continuous improvement in development teams through application of metrics and methodologies
- Previous management experience.
- Advanced degree a plus
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.