Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings. We have grown into a major player in the technology and business consulting industry and have operations across North America. Focal Point has pioneered a new model for providing effective, relevant, and forward-thinking consulting for IT clients. For its coworkers, CDW-Focal Point has developed a culture built on teamwork, professional growth, and a commitment to quality.
The IT Audit Manager is responsible for overseeing the quality and delivery of core project activities, managing the successful progression of Focal Point’s audit engagements and supervising Consultants and Senior Consultants performing fieldwork and documenting their findings. The IT Audit Manager is often a client’s primary point of contact, playing a critical role to assure the value and reliability of the team’s findings, workpapers, and draft reports. The IT Audit Manager initially reviews all fieldwork and draft deliverables prior to the final review and approval from senior-level project leaders. As a key representative of Focal Point and its audit team, the IT Audit Manager must be able to proficiently organize and steer several wide-ranging projects and ongoing tasks while also building client relations and maintaining high-quality standards of service.
What you will get to do
- Leads a solutions-based project team to complete wide-ranging audit initiatives, both on time and within budget.
- Provides knowledge and expertise on industry practices, audits, risk, and internal controls.
- Manages regulatory compliance engagements, including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Creates risk-based audit programs related to IT systems, processes, and technologies.
- Develops testing methodologies to evaluate adequacy of controls.
- Leads the analysis and evaluation of technology-driven business processes and controls within the organization.
- Researches technology standards, including but not limited to COBIT, ISO, NIST, ITIL.
- Manages compliance engagements, including Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives, and stays ahead of regulatory compliance changes.
- Leverages industry leading standards to identify current and potential risks.
- Communicates audit findings and recommendations to senior-level resources with verbal and written correspondence, including draft reports that are comprehensive and complete in each audit area.
- Demonstrates strong project leadership expertise, including mentorship, knowledge transference, and reviewing deliverables.
- Collaborates with several industry specialists to test and design the effectiveness of audit processes, controls, continuous monitoring and reporting in dynamic environments.
- Leads small teams effectively, managing multiple projects and providing meaningful feedback in a timely, consistent, constructive manner.
- Updates leadership on issues as soon as they arise and proactively creates solutions.
- Contributes to other initiatives centered upon Focal Point’s full suite of risk-related service offerings, including security, privacy and enterprise-wide IT Risk management, as needed.
- Supports in new business development endeavors, participating in client engagements, the development of proposals or project bids, and presenting opportunities to new clients.
- Lead project team’s Consultants and Senior Consultants during IT Audit engagements.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years in IT Audit, internal audit, or related consulting experience
- A familiarity with IT and Compliance requirements and standards, including one or more of the following:
- A 4-year degree in MIS, Finance/Accounting, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Experience with auditing the following technologies: Agile Programming with a Cloud Based CI/CD Pipeline implementation, CI/CD Tools (e.g., GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, TeamCity), AWS technologies (e.g., EC2/S3/RDS/Kubernetes), Windows technologies (i.e., Windows Active Directory, SQL Server), ERP Platforms (e.g., NetSuite, Workday, SAP), Integration Technologies (e.g., Okta, SnapLogic), Linux, Financial Applications (e.g., Oracle HFM, ADP, Wdesk/Workiva)
- An intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio)
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- A basic understanding of leading operating systems, databases, and network structures
- Current certifications to include either CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM or related certification
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.